1| "𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅."

CHAPTER ONE:

"THE CITY OF LIGHT IS REAL."

Eighty-six days

Eighty-six days.

Last box of food.

The once fancy looking bunker was now a mess. Blankets, pillows, plastic that was once full of food, glass shards that had once been bottles full of alcohol laying all around in all the rooms, decorating the floors and walls. The once fancy red motorcycles in the garage area had been pushed down and onto the floor, the small mirrors that helped people see through them all covered in cracks as the glass pieces had fallen out after being smashed into bits.

The large screen tv that was in the once fancy living room had a large crack in it from when the boy stuck in the bunker threw the remote towards the now black screen, anger filling him at the time like it seemed to be every day that passed. The table in the living area had been flipped over and onto it's back, the items that had been on the top of the table previously now laying on the floor, ruining the entire room like all the other ones.

The usual shiny floors of the bar-like area of the bunker was now covered in alcohol and crumbs of the food that had been pulled out of the boxes that once laid all over for the people inside to not starve by hunger and dehydration from the liquid inside with the food.

The familiar brunette boy could be seen venturing inside the bar-like area, his hands dropping his now longer brown locks. John Murphy's blue eyes casted down to the girl sitting on the floor, her back rested against the counter as her head was tilted to the side, her eyes closed as a empty glass bottle laid beside her hand. A frown etching onto his face, he bends down and picks her up bridal style, carrying her until he was laying her down on the couch in the living room, a pillow beneath her head.

He watched as Y/n Blake stirred in her sleep but her eyes didn't open. Grabbing ahold of a blanket, Murphy places it over her shivering body before bending down, letting his hand caress her head. A lot had changed for being trapped in the bunker for eighty-six. Murphy's hair had grown a bit longer, messy all over the place and he had grown a beard on his face without even meaning to. And Y/n's hair had gotten longer than it had been before, bags laying underneath her once bright e/c eyes.

For days and days, they had been trying to find a way out but after about a week or so of being trapped in the once fancy bunker, they realized they weren't gonna get out anytime soon. Letting his head lean down towards the sleeping girl, Murphy let his lips press a delicate kiss to the girl's forehead, his bear brushing against her skin that would no doubt tickle her before he pulled away and slowly stood up.

Staying by the couch's side as he looks around the room, feeling his bottom lip quiver, his drained blue eyes catch sight of the camera that the man they watched kill himself had been using to film his death. Grabbing ahold of it, the boy took one last glance at Y/n before making his way into the bar area, letting his back press against the counter as he slid down, sitting in the same spot Y/n had been in beforehand. The sound of a beep filling the air could be heard as he turned on the camera, letting it face him to reveal how different he looked since eighty-six days ago.