19| "𝖨 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗆, 𝖢𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗄𝖾."

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

"I TRUST HIM, CLARKE."

Hours and hours had gone by as the sun was hidden beneath the clouds, but it was still day time out since the Blake twins and Lincoln had spoke to Finn about their small plan

Hours and hours had gone by as the sun was hidden beneath the clouds, but it was still day time out since the Blake twins and Lincoln had spoke to Finn about their small plan. The sound of water whooshing could be heard, along with the birds chirping in the distance as they flew through the sky, not realizing what was going on down below on the ground with the sky people and the grounders soon enough.

The Blake twins stood on a bridge right above a small lake which explained the whooshing water. Y/n was leaning against the bars while Octavia was pacing back and forth as they either waited for Lincoln to come with his leader or Finn to come with their leader, Clarke. Both were a bit tense, hoping nothing bad would happen as they would encounter the leader of the grounders.

Hearing footsteps coming their way, Y/n steps away from the bars, soon seeing Finn jogging out of the woods with Clarke trailing behind him. The sisters stood side by side as the boy stopped in front of them, Clarke's gaze eventually landing on the sisters and her eyes widened in realization upon seeing the twins standing in front of her.

"So that's how you set this up." Clarke states as she looks to Finn before looking back at the twins. "You two helped him escape, didn't you?"

"I trust him, Clarke." Octavia tells her.

Y/n nods in agreement. "Me, too."

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke mutters, glancing to the boy beside her.

"Someone's coming." Finn points out, staring over the sisters' shoulders.

The sisters turn around while them and Clarke follow his gaze, seeing Lincoln jogging out of the woods on the other side of the bridge. Octavia left her twin's side and jogged towards the grounder, the two of them meeting halfway in a tight hug that Y/n couldn't help but smile at upon seeing how they held one another.

She wished she could have something like that one day. Soon enough, Lincoln and Octavia had pulled away where he smiled at her before looking over the Blake girl's shoulder, smiling at Y/n but his gaze hardened when he saw Clarke standing beside Finn. The blonde had slowly began walking backwards but Finn grabbed her hand, holding it in his to stop her.

Suddenly, the sound of hooves filled their eardrums and the silent air as two grounders rode out of the woods on the same side Lincoln had came from, sitting on horses. The leader of the grounder's rode up in the middle of them, stopping right in-between her two followers as her hardened gaze was on the sky people, all three of them having weapons. At this sight, Finn jogged forward and stopped beside Lincoln as he pulled Clarke with him, Y/n trailing behind them and stopping beside her sister.

"Hey. We said no weapons." Finn reminds.

"I was told there wouldn't be." Lincoln informs.

Clarke lets out a sigh. "It's too late now."