23| "𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗆𝖾?"

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

"YOU WERE WATCHING ME?"

The sun was hiding behind the grey-like clouds as it usually did when the day time was by

The sun was hiding behind the grey-like clouds as it usually did when the day time was by. People around camp were work, some training with the rifles they had while others were just doing anything they wanted but staying in the camp. Chatters could be heard, along the prickle of fire in the smokehouse where all the meat that the campers could were being hung up.

The Blake twins happened to stand inside, hanging up the meat while Murphy was just a bit behind them, doing the same thing. A firepit was sitting in the middle of the smokehouse. A boy, known as Del, walks in with a few logs in his hands, a rather cocky yet stupid smile on his face as he tossed the logs in the fire. They were rather big and thick logs so it made the fire bigger than it should be.

"You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia suggests.

"You get that from your boyfriend, grounder pounder?" Del asks through a sneer.

"Hey! She's right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Y/n snaps, not liking how he spoke to her sister like that.

"Of course you'd take her side, huh? I mean, you were friends with him, weren't you?" Del questions, glaring into her eyes as he takes a step forward.

Murphy grabs his shoulder, pulling him back. "Hey, leave her alone. Leave both of them alone. And no more logs. You'll burn down this place if it gets any bigger."

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp." Del grunts out, glaring at all three of them. "Just keep working."

With that, he walks out of the room as if he was proud of what he had said to them. Y/n rolls her eyes, bending down and grabbing another piece of meat to hang up while Octavia did the same thing. Murphy glared at Del's retreating figure before looking to the sisters, gaze lingering on Y/n more.

"Your guys brother couldn't get you both a better job? Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace." Murphy states.

"Oh, probably." Octavia replies.

"That just means someone else would have to do it." Y/n adds as she brings out a knife from her holster that she had, a blank, yet pissed off, expression on her face.

Murphy couldn't help but smirk a bit, almost looking like a smile as he watched her cut up some meat, almost aggressively, showing she was still angry at Del who thought it'd be cool to treat him and Octavia like that. Feeling his eyes on him, she glances at the blue eyed boy, seeing him staring at her.

As they went back to work, Murphy and Y/n taking glances at each other while doing so, neither of the teenagers seemed to notice the fire that began to emit as there backs were turned until Murphy faced the firepit. The fire was getting bigger as everyone was crowding around it, making sure to keep a safe distance away from the flames that enlarged as the seconds went by.