20| "𝖺𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝖽𝖺𝗒."

CHAPTER TWENTY:

"ALMOST EVERYDAY."

A day had gone by since the incident at the bridge and the night sky was out, a fire in the middle of the camp as a group had gone out earlier in the day

A day had gone by since the incident at the bridge and the night sky was out, a fire in the middle of the camp as a group had gone out earlier in the day. The Exodus ship had came down a bit earlier the night of the bridge incident and it had crash landed on the ground, creating a large explosion to which Clarke, Bellamy and a few others had gone out to explore the next day when it was light out.

Around the campfire that was made, teenagers stood around as they listened to Jasper who had become cocky after what happened on the bridge, saying how much he had saved the others on the bridge. By the gates, Y/n sat herself across from Monty as they made conversation, being close to the security that were watching. Soon enough, Y/n takes notice of her twin making her way over to them, Monty soon notices as well.

"Hey." Monty greets. "No sign of your guys brother or the others yet."

"Hey. I don't care." Octavia replies.

Y/n takes notice of how her twin was peaking out from her gates, her blue eyes landing on a beautiful white flower on a tree right out front of the camp, no doubt being from Lincoln as he always set them out for her.

"Jasper, tell us again, how'd you stay so calm?" A girl, Harper, questions, catching their attention. "I would've been terrified."

Jasper shrugs. "Fear is only a problem if you let it stop you, right?"

"That's not even his line. Finn said that." Y/n recalls.

"I saw the grounders in the trees. I was like nothing I ever felt. Pure animal instinct took over. One pull of the trigger, two grounders dead." Jasper continues.

""Pure animal instinct"? More like pure pants-wetting panic." Octavia murmurs.

"You don't really know what you're made of until a moment like that when it's kill or be killed and there's just nothing between you and the tip of the spear." Jasper finishes.

"Okay. This has to stop." Octavia states as she begins to walk towards the group.

Monty grabs her arm. "Come on. Let us have this."

""Us"?" Y/n repeats in question.

"Look at him. The boy's a folk hero. They even gave us a bigger tent." Monty tells them.

Just then, loud clattering could be heard from outside of the camp, which catches practically everyone's attention as they all go silent.

"Somebody hit the trip wire!" Connor shouts.

Almost instantly, everyone began speaking in fears of thinking it was a grounder coming to attack them when they didn't have Bellamy or Clarke here at the moment. Two boys, Derek and Connor were peaking out of the gate with guns in their hands as they searched for something. Claiming he saw something move, Derek pulled the trigger, shooting around before they began walking to the exit of the camp.