24| "𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒."

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:

"DON'T WORRY."

Only a few hours had gone by since the group found an injured Myles in the woods late at night and they made a stretcher and brought him back

Only a few hours had gone by since the group found an injured Myles in the woods late at night and they made a stretcher and brought him back. Monty Green was still nowhere to be seen, not answering the walkie he had. The dark sky was still up instead of the usual grey-ish-blue sky that was up to signal it was daytime. Around the camp, teenagers could be seen working as they chatted with one another, some just staying quiet. Others held rifles as they kept an eye out in case of any grounders, Bellamy was one of them.

The Blake twins were working on building the foxholes together as they heard the occasional sound of their brother's voice calling out for people to keep working while he just stood around, gun in hand. While working, Y/n found herself taking many glances at John Murphy who was near the dropship as he worked on something else. The two couldn't stop smiling at each other as they met eyes almost every time they looked at one another.

Y/n was thankful Bellamy hadn't noticed, or else he most likely would've killed Murphy if he ever found out about their kiss at the lake. However, Octavia had taken notice of their glances. She always did. In the smokehouse the day before, before Murphy was even banished from camp. She noticed the looks they gave each other, and suspicion grew in her as she occasionally glanced between them with narrowed eyes.

The older Blake twin, once again, watched as her sister glanced over her shoulder at Murphy who looked back at her. The two, once again, shared a smile, both wanting nothing more than to just spend time with each other like they had at the lake instead of working. Ever since their kiss, they had gone back to camp and just sat by a fire with speaking to each other and only to each other.

What made the boy and the girl look away from each other was the loud sound of a gunshot that rang through the air, making everyone in camp freeze as their heads snapped over to the sound of the source. A boy was furiously blinking his eyes as he leaned against a tree, seeming to just wake up from a nap he was having, hence the gunshot. Murphy found himself stepping in Y/n's direction, thinking that another gunshot could happen.

"Hey!" Bellamy shouts as he stomped over to the boy. "What the hell's the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The boy admits.

Bellamy roughly grabs his collar, shaking him. "We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia tells him, intervening.

"They should be scared!" Bellamy exclaims, letting go of the boy's collar. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you wanna be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!"