Tormenting Hellhole

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

*Rindou's POV contd.*

"What do you mean?!"

Decoy? For who? As far as i remembered,it was for the best that Ran and I decided she start a new life in America,not a decoy!!

"I served under our boss Mr.Angelo for years in America,after i left Y/n with her mom. He was merciless and had no defiance towards murder. You could never tell what's on his mind - that's what i failed to learn"

His expression tensed up the further he narrated,"I was barely earning a living when Y/n's mom was pregnant with Y/n. To earn a living and to provide their comfort,my desperation to be a good father took a wrong turn. I interfered with one of Mr.Angelo's men here in Japan and secretly worked as a medical support under them. Y/n's mom didn't have a clue of course, she thought i was working at a private hospital. I kept it from her since i knew she would be offended by my decision and would rather choose to starve than to eat from my wrong earnings. Sure i couldn't let that happen"

"Pleased with my service,one day,i got a call from Mr.Angelo saying that he wants me in the main base as the head medical in charge. I instantly declined to his dismay. There's no way in hell i could possibly leave my pregnant wife behind. Following the rejection,i drafted a resignation letter from their gang. However,it was too late. I had known too much about them to easily quit what i had been doing all along"

I was completely immersed in the chapters of the new book which was brought out in open for the first time that hold stories of untold secrets,"So what happened after that?"

"Mr.Angelo laid out only one option which is that i comply to his will. If i don't..",he continued,his tensed expression never leaving his face,"Y/n's mom will be killed along with the unborn child!! Left with no choice,i had to agree to whatever was being proposed for the well being of my wife and daughter. I had never planned for those to happen!! I never wanted to leave them!! All i ever wanted was to build a happy family,but that was snatched away from me even before it began.."

"Life became a living hell for me after that. No day goes by without regretting the fact that i had reaped what i sow. Floods of guilt washed over me every chance it got,never leaving me empty. I'd search for any chance to see them or at least,to hear how they've been doing. However,i was denied of that privilege because of my uncooperation with the gang. Summing up the situation,i lived in the hell i created myself"

"For the love of Y/n and her mom,i tried!! I've lost count of how many times I've laid out plans to escape. However,they all end up in vain as if fate bound me to suffer for what I've done. Then just when i thought there was a chance, just when the slightest ray of hope shone through,i messed up a big one again!!"

I was still caught in a dilemma about what i should feel,and my thirst for the truth never fading,"Is that what all led to this?"

A nod from him followed my question,"You're right. I decided to give a try for one last time and messed up real good!!",he continued, "As my last plan to escape flopped,it was decided that i rather suffer for the rest of my life than to be quickly killed. Following the decision,Y/n or either her mom was to be forcibly brought to America and to be killed right before my eyes. Though i begged and pleaded on my knees, what's decided was decided for good. That was why i suddenly appeared again after not daring to face them all these years..only to mess up everything.."

I tightly clenched my fist the longer he narrated the incident. I hated him but for what? Hated him for wanting to come back to his family? I was lost for what i should even feel about this whole situation. My heart then ached when the thought of Y/n came across..,"Then how is she alive now?"

Sighing,he leaned back into the couch as his middle and index finger come to massage the bridge of his nose,"Only a day before Y/n was set to arrive,Mr.Angelo's daughter was seeked out by the other mafias and was shot from afar on her way back from Uni. Thankfully,our men were able to bring her back alive and i was forced to save her no matter what it takes. Taking it as a chance,i proposed a deal to Mr.Angelo - that if i save his daughter,Y/n will be spared. He then agreed.."

"But later I came to realise that they never meant to kill her anyways. It was decided that she was used as a decoy for Mr.Angelo's daughter to keep the real one safe elsewhere, thereby sacrificing Y/n. I was furious and mad that none of it was decided without my consent. She was my daughter..yet her Dad's more helpless than she already was. I was already beyond afraid that careless my actions would cause any harm to her again"

"For this reason,i taught her the art of medicine! For her to survive,for her to earn a place among us. Sooner than i expected,things could finally fall according to my way. Mr.Angelo came to take a liking to her and trusted her more than me. It was as if he sees the daughter in her that he could never get to hold again"

"However,the familiarity between them scared me somehow again..what if Y/n slipped? But i came to realise that Y/n was different from me. She could read and understand everything without me needing to tell her. Grabbing the first chance she could,she then set up and carried on with her plan and proposal that couldn't be refused by Mr.Angelo. She wanted to bring the both of us to a safe place and live a happy normal life together. Besides,she had her own reason to escape from the tormenting hellhole - to meet Ran again"

Nothing but ache enveloped my heart when i came to hear that she had been struggling all her life - tormented by me and Ran with our toxic romanticism,and later by those fucking mafias.

"I still can't face her upto this day without a flash of guilt behind my back..",a bitter chuckle escaped his lips,"I knew about Y/n's mom and what Ran did to her too! I knew you were Rindou from the first night. I knew all your intentions towards Y/n too. If you had decided to add the pile of lies and said you were Ran when i asked you before, I'll never tell you all of this. But Rindou,i trust you to take care of her from now. Stop her struggles,be her comfort.. because she deserves to be happy now!"

Following his words,I was then run over by the desire to keep her safe and happy,setting all my heart to protect and love her for all it takes.

Though she sees me as Ran now,a day will come,when you will choose the real me over him,and we could laugh about all these silly lies that helped built our relationship.

Y/n,just hold on a little longer..

And the tea continues☕
Vote reminder✌️

A/N
I know this came out so late😭But RIP my schedules because it's packed. Exams are approaching too and I'm informing you beforehand that i will be inactive for a while. I'll try my best to find the time to work on it so i beg your understanding🙂
Happy New Year y'all✨🎉