Downer Ending

°

°

°

°

°

°

*Y/n's POV*

The unpleasant throbbing of your head dragged you out of your peaceful slumber as you struggled to open your eyes. For a good few hours,you were able to get some sleep and stray away from your self-tormenting thoughts. But now that you've regained complete consciousness,the same torture that comes along with the thoughts instantly began to rush into your mind again.

Sitting up on the bed,the first thing you see were the cans and bottles of beer that you've consumed last night,which too,was the answer for the throbbing of your head.

In attempts to escape from the torment of being betrayed and lied to by someone you had deeply cherished,you did whatever you think would help you get away. Of course it proved to be helpful but only for a little while as the same damn fact rushes back along before you could even comprehend. Rindou and all his doings,be it bad or good,or be it out of love or whatever, took a greater toll on you than you think it could.

With a heavy sigh,you shove the blanket off you and grabbed the bin to clean your leftovers. Your head was aching,your stomach seemed to be upset and your heart was hurting. Anything that could go wrong,went wrong.

Before you could do much,the knocking of your door halt your actions. Humming as response, your eyes met your Dad's as he entered your room. His eyes studied the room and all the cans of beers and then back at you with a timid gaze.

Your unamused eyes stared back into his eyes with a heavy heart. After all,you came to learn that he was the one who made you live a life of lie. You would've like to yell and curse at him at the top of your lungs but the motives behind his every action was for you alone and your mom, making your perspective towards him tangled up.

"I'm about to leave for work soon..",he sheepishly brought up,"Do you need anything or do you need any company?"

"I'm good..",you thoughtlessly mumbled and continued to move the cans from the table into the bin.

With soft nods,you could sense him slowly retreating from your room. But before he could make his way out,he suddenly made a turn towards you again..,"Y/n.."

"Hmm?",you hummed,hands still working on cleaning up.

"You know better than yourself the need to take care of your body"

"Oh,right!!",with a hint of sarcastic amusement, you halt your actions once again and straighten up to face him again, "These drinks are not good for the kidney, right?"

Continuing to respond to his patient silence with you,"Now i wonder..what actually happened to me? I'm suddenly suspicious about how i lost one kidney and the well-healed scars that i beared here..",you questioned,hands resting on your lower hips.

Every little fact held the possibility behind every little lie, raising your suspicion of all that had happened. Is this the clue Mr.Angelo left behind when he said 'live together happily while you can'? To live happily together until you realise how he completely broke your trust?

"Hmm?",you hummed as you raised your brows to get an answer out of his silence,"Don't tell me you sold i-"

"Y/N!!",his sharp response cut you off,"Don't put it like that!"

You merely shrugged his tone off,"Then put it the right way.."

Sighing in defeat, he took another deep breath before disclosing the remaining truth,"It's in Mr.Angelo's daughter's body.."