70: Prey

"This truly will be a night to remember." Donna coos with a glowing smile. "Does she suspect anything?"

"Y/N is far to smart to believe that this is nothing more than a wine tasting. However, everyone has been tight lipped, so I don't think she knows anything more." Alcina explains, taking a sip of tea. "I don't think she has much recollection of time. Although, there's a lot that's happened over the past year..."

"I can't believe it's already been a year since we found her." Donna utters, finger swirling around the lip of her tea cup.

"Neither can I." Alcina softly exclaims.

"That girl... She's been through so much." Donna sighs.

"She has." Alcina begins. "But, her trials have made her stronger than ever. I don't think there's much that could stand in that woman's way."

"What about Miranda?" Donna hesitantly questions.

"She's proven a challenge." Alcina sighs, glancing to the floor.

"My apologies, Alcina. I shouldn't have brought it up." Donna's expression floods with regret.

"It's alright, Donna. I know you meant no harm." Alcina tells her with a meek smile.

"Do you remember the first time Y/N saw you?" Donna asks, changing the subject. "She looked as if she was going to pass out."

"Yes, well, I don't think many mortals have seen a woman standing at 9'6"." Alcina chuckles, taking a sip of her tea.

"This is true." Donna giggles before softening her expression as she glances at Alcina. "But I don't think that's what it was."

"What do you mean?" Alcina asks, giving Donna a puzzled look.

"I think your hearts knew one another from the very first moment your eyes met. As though you found each other after a lifetime apart."

"It certainly feels that way." Alcina tenderly exclaims, faint smile curling of her lips.

The bickering of her daughters abruptly interrupts her enjoyable conversation. Alcina sighs and sets her teacup onto the coffee table, rising to her feet. Cassandra and Bela are at each other's throats, little Daniela trying to hold them apart as they approach."

"Mother!" Daniela calls out. "A little help!?"

All it takes is a firm clearing of Alcina's throat to catch her daughters attention. Their mouths clamp shut, attention quickly snapping to their Mother.

"Why in Mother's name are you two nipping at each other's throats like wild dogs?" Alcina questions with a scowl, hands on her hips.

"Bela stole my dress!" Cassandra grumbles, pointing to her sister.

"They are the exact same, you imbecile!" Bela snaps.

"No they are not!" Cassandra growl. "Mine is longer because I'm taller than you. You practically drown in that one when this one is at my ankles."

"Well maybe if I cut off your feet it will actually fit!" Bela snarls.

"Enough!" Alcina warns. "There will be no cutting off limbs this evening! Bela, Cassandra is right. You're wearing her dress. Donna tailored each of them to your measurements specifically. She also stitched your names on the inner lining of the skirt. Have a look."

Bela fiddles with the skirt of her dress, searching for any obvious stitches on the hem. She takes pause when she sees Cassandra's name embroidered in white thread. She sheepishly clears her throat, turning her attention to her sister.