76: One Day

One Day Until The Ceremony.

The faint glow of the sun peeking through the clouds stirred Alcina from her slumber. Lifting her head from the pillow, she groans at the annoying brightness. After a long night, she's not ready to wake just yet. She adjusts her body, turning onto her other side. Her hand reaches for you, wanting your warmth close to her. Her eyes flick open when her touch doesn't find you. She sits up from her comfort, eyes nervously scanning the room. When she sees no signs of you, she rises from the bed. She grabs her robe, securing it around her body. Before she leaves the room, she quickly checks the bathroom. Not finding you, she journeys into the hall.

The Villa is much smaller than the Castle, leaving far less places for you to be. She peeks her head in each room as she passes by, desperately searching for you. Her anxiety grows when you're nowhere to be found on the upper level. There's only four rooms downstairs left to check. Her footsteps are urgent stomps as she stumbles down the stairs. She checks the kitchen first, then the dining room. No sign of you. Her heart lifts for a moment when she hears distant voices coming from the parlor. She swiftly paces in their direction, hopeful that you'll be found. Approaching the open doorway, Alcina sees her daughters relaxing on the comfortable furniture, giggling at one another.

"Good morning, Mother!" They chime as Alcina comes into view.

"Morning, dears." Alcina greets in a quick breath as she scans the room.

"Something the matter, Mother?" Daniela asks.

"Have you girls seen Y/N this morning?" Alcina questions, attempting to hide her worry.

They all glance at each other, shaking their heads.

"We thought you both were still sleeping." Bela exclaims.

"We can help you look for her if you'd like." Cassandra offers.

"No, that's alright." Alcina sighs with a meek smile. "I'm sure she's just wandered off somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find her."

The girls resume their chattering as Alcina turns away. Alcina's smile fades as her heart sinks in her chest. Her mind wanders to the worst casecenario. She shakes her thoughts from her head as she continues her search. Pacing past the entryway, something catches her attention. She takes a few steps back, glancing at the coats hanging on the wall. There's an empty hook where your cloak was hung. Eyes wandering to the floor, she also notices your shoes are missing. Her worries begin to fade as she realizes where you are, a gentle smile creeping onto her face.

"I thought I might find you out here." A soft voice coos.

You shift your body away from the sturdy tree, slightly turning to face the approaching footsteps. Alcina gives you a sweet smile as your eyes meet hers. She holds a cup of covered tea in her hands, light blanket draped over her arm.

"Mind if I join you?" She asks.

"Please do." You softly smile at her.

Alcina hands you the cup of tea to hold while she adjusts herself. Taking it in your hands, a familiar metallic twinge hits your nose. Sitting beside you, Alcina wraps the blanket around your shoulders. Although the cold doesn't bother you much anymore, you appreciate her thoughtful gesture. You hand her the cup of tea as she settles in a comfortable position.

"Thank you, darling." She grabs the cup, lifting it's porcelain lid to take a drink. "Would you like some?"

"Just a sip." You exclaim.

Alcina lifts the rim to your lips. As she tips it slightly, the iron liquid hits your tongue. The taste of blood no longer bothers you. It took some getting use to, but now you find it rather enjoyable. The steaming warmth slides down your throat, warming you from the inside out as it falls into your stomach. Once you're done, Alcina takes a sip as well. She lets out a satisfied sigh, wrapping her arm around you. You lean against her. Alcina's plush body is far more comfortable to rest against than the harshness of a solid tree.