Chapter 2: Date Night?

Jc:

I pulled up in front of Kian's house at 4:50PM. I know I was early, but I couldn't help it. I was too excited. For no reason. Because I'm not gay. And this is not a date. But I want it to be...

Kian had texted me directions to his house after school. We didn't text much after that, but I wish we had. I decided that in order for me to stop this... 'Addiction'... I should stop talking to him so often. And this date wasn't going to help. But it's not a date. But I want it to be.

I watched as Kian came out of his door and strolled carelessly to my car. He didn't have his glasses on, but he still looked amazing. He had on some dark skinny jeans, sneakers, and a zip-up hoodie. He climbed into the passenger seat and buckled up. He noticed that I was staring at him.

"What?" Kian asked, sheepishly.

"You're not wearing your glasses," I stated.

"Is that a bad thing?" Kian asked me, looking uncomfortable.

"No, no," I placed my hand over his. "You still look...great," I told him, with a smile on my face.

Kian blushed and looked down. I smirked and started driving to our date...Screw it. I'm falling for this boy...and he isn't even trying.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kian:

Jc is amazing. I know I just met him, and trust me, I want to take this slow. But I can't help liking him. His smile, the crinkles by his eyes, the way he bites his lip, when he runs his hand through his hair, and more, are all the small things he does that I notice and make me like him.

I also notice that when Jc is concentrating, his eyebrows pull together. Like right now, watching him drive. I watch his muscles in his arms move as he steers. I see him take a side glance at me and I blush, looking out the window.

Jc pulls the car up to the beach. I look at him as he walks over to my side and opens the door for me. I smile at him and step out of the car, feeling the breeze and the water spray me.

"Ready?" Jc asks, appearing at my side with a basket in his hand.

"A picnic?" I ask him, my eyebrow raising .

"Yeah...Is that okay..?" Jc asks, suddenly concerned.

"Oh, yeah, of course. It's just very...romantic," I tell him, blushing and smiling.

Jc smiles and winks at me, and we walk side by side down to the beach. It's almost dark, the sun is half set, and the scene is perfect. We've laid out a blanket and sat down cross legged across from each other. Jc had packed slices of cheese pizza, and I laughed, taking Jc by surprise.

"Do you not like pizza?" Jc asked, nervousness clear in his voice.

"Yes, I do, but I just didn't expect it," I tell him, chuckling.

Jc nods, smiling, and hands me a plate with two pieces of pizza on it. We sat in silence for a while before we finished.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Jc asks me, shyly. Him? Shy? That's cute.

"Sure," I smile, hopping up. He grabs my hand, surprising me, and we intertwine our fingers.

We walk for a few minutes, laughing and talking. Suddenly, Jc asks me a question that takes me by surprise.

"Kian...Was there a reason you didn't wear your glasses?" Jc asks me, serious.

"Um..no? Why?" I ask him, concerned.

"Well, when I used to wear glasses...People would make fun of me...I just didn't know if you thought I would make fun of you for wearing them. I see you wearing them everyday. I don't want you to think that I would make fun of you," Jc explains, and I nod, but still confused. Jc was made fun of for wearing glasses? Was he...Possibly...A nerd, too? Maybe we're not so different.

"No, I don't think that you would make fun of me, I just wanted to try going without them," I shrug.

"Okay, good...Do people still make fun of you...?" Jc asks me, biting his lip.

"Well, yeah..." I tell him, trailing off. I'm not sure how to end that sentence.

"I'd beat them up if you wanted me to," Jc tells me, serious, and I laugh.

"Well, thanks, but that's okay," I say, smiling.

"Well, I'd better get you home, it's almost 9," Jc tells me, and I sigh. I didn't want this night to end. I was having fun.

We walk back to his car and we climb into our seats. Jc throws the blanket and the basket in the backseats and starts driving as I stare out the window. Jc reaches out for my hand and I grab his, not hesitating.

"Jc..?" I start to ask him.

"Hmm?"

"Was this...You know...A date?"

Jc looks at me, alarmed and surprised. Then his face melts and he starts smiling.

"Do you want it to be?" Jc asks, full of mischief. I smile and nod my head.

"Then, yes," He tells me and I smile widely.

We reach my house and I hop out of the car.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kian," Jc tells me, softly.

"Yeah. Bye, Jc..." I say, smiling, and I walk into my house, my heart bursting.

I really like Jc Caylen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aye,
Everyone follow: @fandomsmakeworld

Xoxo, Alli