Chapter 19: Surprise

Song of the Chapter: Mine by Taylor Swift

"You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day."

Jc:

I woke up with Kian in my arms, drool dried up on the corner of his mouth. I chuckled as he sniffed, rolling over and groaning. I gently shook his shoulders, trying to wake him as I sat up in bed. It always took me a while to wake up Kian; he's a pretty deep sleeper.

"Kiki," I whispered into Kian's ear, trailing soft kisses across his jawline and then gently tugged at his earlobe with my teeth. Kian huffed and swatted me away, grumbling something that sounded like, "I'm up, leave me alone," And I just chuckled, sitting up and stretching.

Once Kian finally sat up, yawning and rubbing open his eyes, I smiled down at him, running my fingers through his hair. He gave me one of his famous tired smiles that make my heart race.

I tried to roll out of bed so that I could shower, but Kian grabbed my hip, making me fall back onto the bed, laughing. "Kian, I need to shower. I smell gross."

"No, you don't," Kian whined, shoving his head into the crook of my neck, planting kisses there. My weakness... He knows me too well.

"C'mon, I have a surprise for you, and I need to get ready...And so do you!" I laugh as he pulls me closer to him, but I can tell he has caught interest when I said that I have a surprise for him.

"What's the surprise?" Kian asks, his eyes lit up with excitement, and I chuckle at how childish he is.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise!" I laugh, tickling Kian's sides, and he immediately pushes me away, telling me to stop, and I laugh even more.

"Get ready and I'll show you the surprise." I tell Kian, laughing as he immediately stands up and runs to grab some clothes and get into the shower.

We both get ready within a half hour, and I grab my car keys off the dresser, signaling Kian to follow. He raises his eyebrows, but follows me downstairs and into the car. I notice what he's wearing: a white, short sleeved v-neck, black shorts, and sunglasses.

I turn on the car and wait for Kian to get buckled before backing out of the driveway and heading to the surprise. The car ride was quiet, except for the radio, but I knew Kian was becoming impatient. Luckily, I pulled into the Humane Society, where they take in injured and abandoned animals and bring them back to health so that people can adopt them. Which is why Kian and I are here today.

"Jc...What are we doing here?" Kian asks as I excitedly climb out of the car. I turn to him as he walks up next to me, a huge smile on my face.

"We're getting a pet."

~~~~~~~

Kian:

"A what?!" I ask excitedly, but yet confused. Jc nods with a grin on his face and jogs up to the door of the Humane Society, while I stood there stunned and shocked, staring after him.

Jc turned when he noticed that I wasn't standing next to him, and he raised his eyebrows, gesturing for me to catch up with him. I snapped out of my daze and walked up next to him. It's not that I don't want to get a pet with Jc, it's that when Jc said that he had a surprise for me, I thought he was going to ask me to move in.

"A pet," Jc said, his voice faltering slightly. "Don't you want that..?"

I looked at Jc, noticing how badly Jc wanted this with me. It wasn't exactly what I had expected, but the more I thought about it, the more excited I became. I thought that moving in might have been the next step in our relationship, before getting a pet. But a pet is just as good.

"Yes, of course I want that." I said a little more excitedly, wrapping my arms around Jc's waist. Jc's face lit up as he opened the door for me, both of us stepping inside. A perky blonde immediately came up to us, and I noticed she had an employee uniform on, as well as a name tag that said "Sally".

"Hello, what can I help you with?" Sally asked with a cheeky smile and a high pitched voice. Jc and I exchanged smirks, but only slightly so that Sally wouldn't notice.

"Yeah, we're looking to adopt a pet." Jc said as he enterlaced our fingers. Sally nodded with a bubbly smile still stappled to her face.

"What kind of pet were you thinking of?" Sally asked, her high ponytail bobbing back and forth as she talked. I bit my lip as Jc snickered under his breath, but then we both thought for a second about what animal we want.

"How about a cat?" We both ask at the same moment, and then look at each other stunned, and then we started laughing. We knew we were meant to be together. This wasn't new news.

"Jc, how are we gonna take care of this cat? We live in different houses..." I said, trying to make it clear that I was thinking about moving in with him. But apparently I didn't get the point across.

"We can switch off between houses. Different days of the week. It'll be alright, babe." Jc responded, pulling me closer. I sighed, but shook it off quickly and agreed with him. Sally took us to the kitty room, for we decided that we wanted a young kitten.

"Here are our kittens. If you need anything, I'll be outside." Sally says, straightening out her high, blonde ponytail. Jc immediately starts petting random cats, and I smile as I watch him.

I wander off and see a small, grey kitten sitting in the corner, pawing at a ball of yarn. I crawl up next to the kitty, and it comes right up to me and purrs.

"Jc," I whisper softly, turning toward him and gesturing for him to come. He crawls over to me and instantly says, "Aww," as he sees the kitten crawled up next to me.

"Should I go ask Sally about this kittens information?" Jc asks and I nod, so he gets up and goes out to talk to Sally. I sit in the room and play with the kitten while waiting for Jc. He came back a few minutes later and sits down next to me.

"It's a girl, abandoned, weighs a quarter of a pound and is two months old." Jc says softly, as if he doesn't want to scare the kitten.

We look at each other and nod, knowing that this is our kitten.

"What should we name her?" I ask.

"Maybe we should ask Sally." Jc replies, and we both snicker at the way he says her name. Then, we look at each other.

"Snickers." We say simultaneously.

We looked down at the kitten playing with the yarn.

Our kitten Snickers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i bet i just kill you guys :p

i try.

xoxo, alli