Chapter 16: Back Together

The truth is
That I miss lyin' in those arms of his
But I don't ever let it show
I laugh and I act like
I'm having the time of my life
as far as he knows

It's easy goin' out on a Friday night
Easy, everytime I see him out
I can smile, live it up
The way a single girl does
But, what he, what he don't know
is how hard it is to make it look so
Easy

Kian:

It's been five days since I left Jc. I'm lonely and I have nothing to do now that we're apart. It hurts to know that he's not mine anymore, that I can't kiss him. I thought I would be fine, that I did the right thing. I don't regret leaving him, but it doesn't feel like the right choice.

I check my phone forever he hundredth time today to see if Jc has texted me back. Nothing. He hasn't called to apologize, ask for me back, or beg. I'm not surprised, though. I wonder if he hurts as much as I do.

My phone rings and I quickly scramble for it, hoping it's Jc. To my disappointment, my screen shows Ricky's contact calling me. I sigh and answer my phone, putting my phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I say sadly.

"Hey, Kian. Have you checked up on Jc at all?" I hear Ricky's voice on the other end. Now I'm confused. Checked up on Jc?

"What do you mean...?" I sit up on my bed, confused.

"Jc..He's in the hospital...I thought you knew..."

"No, I didn't know! What's wrong?" I panic.

"He's okay...Just in a coma...He tripped and fell at the beach."

"Okay, I need to get to the hospital. Can you pick me up?" I ask, very concerned. Ricky agrees and he arrives at my house to pick me up with his car and drives me to the hospital and we run inside, and the doctors lead us to Jc's room.

Jc lied on a bed, his skin pale and obviously in a coma. I pulled up a chair and sat next to him, taking his hand and holding it to my chest.

"Oh, Jc, I'm so sorry..." I said softly, now regretting breaking up with him. I didn't realize how much I had to lose. I thought I'd be fine. Obviously I'm not.

"I thought..." I choke up, suddenly emotional. I had everything to lose. He's my everything, and I'm so close to losing him.

The doctors come in and tell us we had to leave. They said he'd most likely be awake tomorrow and be let out of the hospital in two days. All I have left to do now is sit and wait and pray.

I love Jc, and I'll never stop loving him. I should have believed him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jc:

It's been one day since I've gotten out of the hospital. My whole family is freaked and always keeping an eye on me, as if at any moment I could go back into a coma.

I scroll through my phone mindlessly, really thinking about Kian. I want to call him, and that's what I end up doing.

"Hey, Kian?" I ask softly when he answers.

"Hey, Jc...Um, can I meet you?" Kian asks quietly. I agree and soon I'm in my car, going to pick him up from his house.

He gets in the car and just by looking at him, my heart aches. I want to touch him so badly, even if I do feel betrayed.

"Jc, I'm so sorry, I should've believed you. I'm an idiot..." He says, biting his lip as he watches me, inching towards me. I nod my head, because no matter what he did, I'd always forgive him, because I'll always love him.

His lips meet mine and he kisses me softly, his soft lips touching mine in sync. I moan softly as we kiss inside my car, and I realized just how much I missed kissing and touching him.

"Will you please be my boyfriend again?" Kian asks, tears suddenly falling down his face as he sobs, and I reach over, wiping the tears away with my thumb.

"Of course baby, of course..." I tell him, and he sobs harder, so I pull him to my chest, letting him cry.

I felt sad that Kian was crying, but overly joyful that we were back to dating. And I never wanted it to be any other way again.