Chapter 6: Lunch&Fights

Listen to Fireproof by OneDirection, it reminds me of this chapter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jc:

It's been a week since Kian and I became boyfriends, and it's been the happiest week of my life. My mom still doesn't know, but I can tell she really likes Kian. He's been over a couple times this past week and my mom and him get along nicely, and that's all I can ask for.

But now I'm at school, or hell.

I feel a hand slip into mine and I look up, already knowing it's Kian. He pulls my hand to his lips and kisses my knuckles. I smirk at him, but my stomach is flip-flopping with butterflies. We haven't had our first kiss yet, and every time I think about it I get all nervous. Kian is the first person I've felt comfortable and happy with dating, and the first person I want to take this relationship slow and serious. I really like Kian and I can't imagine losing him because I screw up and move too fast. I can tell he's not used to this kind of thing. I'm not either, I guess.

"Jc, are you back from lala-land yet?" Kian asks, waving his free hand in my face. I swat it away, laughing.

"What's going on in that small brain of yours up there?" Kian asks playfully, knocking his hand against my skull. I grab it and push his hand to his side, chuckling.

"Hello to you, too, beautiful," I say, squeezing his hand. That got him to shut up. Not that I wanted him to. His voice is beautiful.

We wander the halls of the school until we get to our destination: the lunch room. We grab our own lunches and sit down at a table with Connor, Ricky, and Lottie. They're our only friends left that accept us for being gay. I don't really care, though. I'd trade all my friends for Kian. But to be honest, Kian's not just my boyfriend, he's also one of my best friends.

"What is with you and zoning out today?" Kian jokes, throwing a french fry at me.

"What is with you and being annoying today?" I say in the most playful voice I can, throwing a piece of lettuce from my sandwich back at him. Our friends all 'aw', and I roll my eyes as Kian blushes.

Ricky and Connor start talking about some video game and Lottie wanders off to a table nearby to talk to her crush, Trevor Moran, so I turn to Kian.

"Wanna come over to my house tonight and stay for dinner? It's Taco Tuesday," I ask Kian, wiggling my eyebrows. He chuckles at me and wraps his arm around me.

"Of course, sweetie," Kian says, winking at me. I scrunch my nose in distaste of that nickname and he chuckles softly. Just then the bell rings, ending lunch, and I sigh sadly, because lunch is my last period of the day with Kian, so I have to wait until after last class to see him now. Kian looks at me knowingly and wraps his arms around me in a hug.

"I'll see you after our last class, baby," Kian whispers into the top of my head, and only I can hear. I inhale his scent, taking him in.

"I'll miss you," I whisper into the crook of his next, soflty.

"It's only two hours, babe," Kian chuckles softly, and I nod.

"Hurry up, lover boy!" Ricky shouts at me, him being in my next class. Kian and I pull out of our embrace and say goodbye, heading to our next classes.

And all I can think about is him for the next two hours.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kian:

After the bell rings, ending the school day, I go to my locker to grab a few things and get my bag. I'm excited to go to Jc's, as always. I like to tease Jc, saying I'm only excited to see Wishbone, and not hanging out with him. Which is a lie.

I wait by my locker because that's where Jc always meets me at the end of the day. I check my phone. It's been 5 minutes. I text Jc: 'Hurry your ass up.', and I quickly get a reply from him: 'You'd like that ;).' I almost blurt out laughing. Suddenly, I feel hands shove me roughly against the lockers, and I know it's not Jc because he's never hurt me and been so rough like that. He's always gentle, except when we fool around. I look up in shock and see that it's the school bully, Alfie Deyes, pushing my shoulders against the locker. (No offense to Alfie, I absolutely love him!)

I try to push him off me, but I'm not strong enough. "Stop squirming you little bitch," Alfie yells at me. I look into his eyes, making more of an effort to squirm. He draws back his arm to punch me, but before his fist meets my face, he's pulled off me. I sink down to my knees in relief and see that it's Jc who pulled him off me, and now is shoving Alfie against the opposite wall.

"Don't you ever touch him again!" Jc yells at Alfie in a threatening voice. Alfie nods and Jc lets go of him. Alfie turns and runs away, not taking a second look back. Jc turns to me and and I'm shocked by how much emotion his eyes hold. There is anger and rage, and there is relief and protectiveness. Jc outstretches his hand and pulls me to my feet, but doesn't let go of my hand.

"If he ever touches you again I'll kill him," Jc says in a serious and angry tone, pulling me into a hug. He buries his head into the crook of my neck and I rest my forehead on the top of his head.

"Just don't get hurt, okay?" I ask him, hesitant and worried. He takes his forehead out of the crook of my next and looks up into my eyes.

"I'm more concerned about you than myself, or anyone else," Jc whispers to me. I bite my lip, looking down at him.

"We should go. We still have 2 tests to study for tomorrow," I say, pulling his hand, leading him out the door of the school.

"Who said anything about studying?" Jc says playfully. Man, that boy can make me blush.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Holy Babooshka

Things be gettin hot

Xoxo, Alli