Chapter 33: My Idiot

Kian:

I ran anxiously through the crowds, trying to reach Jc. There must have been at least 100 people here, just waiting to watch Jc and Alfie beat each other up.

"Jc!" I called out, trying to break through the line of people as they held me back.

Jc's head turned to me, and his eyes widened when he saw me. We stood like that, just staring at each other with fear in our eyes as time seemed to stop for a few moments.

Alfie took the opportunity of Jc letting his guard down and swung his arm at him.

"No!" I screamed, reaching out for Jc as Alfie's hand made contact with his jaw.

Jc let out a gasp, his eyes closing as he fell onto the ground. My heart beat faster in fear as I ran to him, kneeling beside him.

I checked and saw that he was still breathing, and let out a sigh of relief. The air around me was very tense as everyone waited in suspense, everyone stopping their conversations and shouts to listen.

'He must just be unconscious' I decide, and lift Jc up, slinging his arm over my shoulders. Everyone parted way as I trudged through the crowd, and Ricky and Connor eventually caught up with me.

"We'll take him home in the car we brought here," Connor suggests, and I nod, still slightly in shock, letting Ricky help me carry Jc. We easily lift him into the backseat of the car, and I slide in next to him.

Connor drives us back to Jc's house as fast as he could. I held onto Jc's limp hand in fear of losing him, even though I know it's nothing major.

"I can't believe you guys let him go into that fight," I try to sound mad, but it just comes out as defeat.

"We tried to convince him not to, but you know how he is when he gets an idea," Ricky tells me, and I nod my head, understanding.

We finally reach his house and I quickly pull Jc out, leading him inside. Thankfully, his mom was working and his sister wasn't home, so we laid him on the couch.

I knelt next to Jc as Connor and Ricky ran around the house, getting water and an icepack and other things to heal Jc.

I rested my forehead on Jc's arm, taking deep breaths, trying to convince myself that everything would be all right.

"Please stay with me..." I mumble. "I know you're an idiot, but you're my idiot." I say sadly, clutching onto him.

I was determined to hold onto him until he finally woke up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jc:

My eyes peeled open and the bright lights hit my eyes. I groan, trying to move my arm over my eyes to protect my eyes.

"Shh, it's okay." I hear Kian's voice tell me, and I instantly relax. If I'm with him, I'm okay.

"Wha...What happened?" I ask, trying to sit up, but Kian just gently puts me back down.

"Alfie knocked you out." Kian explained, and I grit my teeth in frustration.

"I can't believe he won." I hiss, rubbing my eyes and trying to move around to get more comfortable.

"And I can't believe you did something so stupid," Kian scoffed at me, and I instantly felt guilty. "Do you need anything?" Kian asks, handing me a glass of water without me even having to say I'm thirsty.

I gratefully drink the water, feeling very replenished after finishing the whole cup.

"I'm sorry." I said sadly and desperately, giving Kian my best puppy dog eyes. He tries to seem mad for a few minutes, but then gives in, laughing, which makes me feel better.

"It's okay. I just don't like seeing you hurt. And I know you only fought him for me." Kian explains, and I give him a relieved look.

"Thank you, baby," I lean over, and kiss his forehead. "I love you."

Kian closes his eyes briefly, resting a hand gently on my cheek. "I love you, too. I think you should get some sleep before your mom gets home."

"Can you sleep with me?" I ask, looking up at him. Kian nods, and I immediately perk up in excitement.

"Let's move to your bed then," Kian says, and easily lifts me up in his arms, carrying me into his room. He may be a nerd, but he's a very fit nerd. And my nerd.

"Here you are, good sir." Kian jokes, and I laugh at his corniness. He sets me on my bed, leaning down and kissing me softly. I kiss him back briefly, and then grab him, bringing him back down to my bed.

I cuddle into Kian, my eyes immediately drooping in sleepiness from today's events. I was very sore in many places from Alfie's punches and kicks.

"Night, love." Kian kisses my forehead, and I smile, closing my eyes in content.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just realized this chapter how fast this is going. I've been writing this book for almost a year, but it's progressing so fast. 🙊

What did you think of the fight? And all the drama that came with it?

Kian is so understanding, aw. I know he doesn't seem like that in his YouTube videos, and he probably is more stubborn than Jc. But this is my book, and I'd like to think that if Jc and Kian were in high school, this is what they'd be like. 💕

Also, I had to choose a YouTuber for the bad guy, and that doesn't mean I don't like Alfie. He's one of my favorite YouTuber, but he was also the first person that came into my head when writing the 'bully locker scene' with Kian to fit the part. Plus, his voice just adds to the experience. 😂

What do you think of Connor and Ricky's roles? They show up sporadically, and I know some people want more of them. If you want more Ricky, I have a book that connects to this one called 'Heartbeat'. 💓

If you want a Connor book, comment here. 😊

Xoxo, Alli