Chapter 10: Kiss&Tell

Song of the Chapter: Teenage Dream by Boyce Avenue

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kian:

It's been 2 months that Jc and I've never been happier. We've gone on a lot of dates, and a few sleepovers. His mom is getting suspicious of us, I can tell. That's why this weekend we're going to tell his mom that we're dating. I'm kind of nervous, because when we told my parents that Jc was my boyfriend, they freaked out and basically forbid us to be together. Also, there's two weeks left of school before summer vacation, and finals are coming up, so I'm super stressed. If I don't get straight A's, my parents will flip.

"How are you not stressed about finals?" I ask Jc as he sits on his bed watching Netflix and while I'm on the floor with five books open, sprawled out around me, studying. I push my glasses to the top of my head and rub my temples, getting a migraine. Jc shrugs. I huff. He rolls his eyes.

"I do study, just don't every second of the day, like you. Take a break, babe." Jc chuckles and I look at him. It would be nice to take a break but I can't. There's no time. I can't risk not getting all A's. Jc pats the spot on the bed next to him, and I just shake my head and look down at my books. I feel arms wrap around me seconds later, and picking me up. My glasses clatter on the floor, and I shriek and squirm as he throws me over his shoulder and then throws me on the bed. Jc leans down and kisses me on the lips, softly, and runs his fingers through my hair. I suppress a moan and kiss him back. Then I realize what he's trying to do. He's trying to distract me.

"Babe," I mumble against his lip, trying to push him off me. But I can't. He's too strong. I grab his strong arms as he rests his forehead on mine. I'm taken back as he stares into his eyes. They're filled with love, and fear, and want. I gulp and close my eyes.

"Kian," Jc says softly, taking my hand gently, and placing my hand on his heart as it beats out of control. I look at my hand, and then back into his eyes. Do I always have that effect on him? He sure does on me.

"What are you afraid of, Jc?" I ask him, hesitantly. He stares directly into my eyes. He kisses my temples. I close my eyes and runs my fingers slowly through his thick, curly hair, and I wait for him to respond.

"You," He says so softly that I barely hear him, and I open my eyes and look into his eyes.

"Why me?" I ask him in surprise. I thought it might be about telling his mom about us. Not me.

"You have all control over my heart, Kian. You can break it so easily. You could leave me for someone else. Everyone is a potential threat.." I cut him off by kissing him. I didn't know he felt that way. But he has no need to feel that way. I could never hurt him.

"I didn't know you felt that way, baby.." I say, softly. Jc just shrugs and then sits back on the bed. I gently caress his cheek with my hand, and he leans into it, slightly.

"I won't break your heart, Jc. If anything, you'd be the one to run off with some girl..." I trail off. I always think about him leaving me for someone else. It's part of my insecurities. What if this is all a joke? That he's just acting that he likes me? He must be a good actor, if he was pretending. Even worse than that, though, would be if he really did like me, but he was secretly dating someone else. I've been cheated on twice before, and I don't know if I could handle it again. Especially with Jc. I didn't feel this way about the others I dated. Only him.

"Boys, dinner's ready!" Jc's mom calls from downstairs.

"I think it's time to talk to my mom," Jc says, and I sigh. The moment I've been dreading is here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jc:

We walk down the stairs, slowly. I could feel the tension between us, and I squeeze his hand in comfort. We walk into the kitchen, where my mom is standing, making dinner. I suck in a deep breath.

"Mom," I say, softly and hesitantly. "We need to talk to you about something..." My mom turns and looks at us, and down to our intertwined hands. She nods and looks curiously between us.

"Mom, remember a few years ago, I told you I was gay." I start to say, and realization appears on her face. Her eyebrows raise high on her face.

"Well, I tried to suppress it. I tried to hide it, to forget about it. And I did, for a while. But then Kian came along...He changed me, Mom. He made me better. I know you've noticed it, too." I say, softly. My mom nods, somewhat understanding.

"Well, I should've known. It makes sense." She nods and looks at Kian. A small smile appears on her face. "I'm glad you told me. I'm proud of you, Jc. I know, and you know, that most people don't accept gays. But I want you to be who you are. And if this is who you are, then I'm proud of you." My mom smiles widely and Kian and I look at each other in relief.

"Thank you, Mom," Kian and I smile at her. I definitely did not expect that response, but I'm glad she accepts Kian and I together. And that makes me the happiest person alive.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you expect that reaction from Jc's mom?
How do you think Kian will do in his final compared to Jc?

I kept accidentally hitting the undo button so I wrote Kian's POV about 3 times. Yikes.

Xoxo, Alli