Chapter 28: Glimpse

Linch POV

Kasalukuyan akong papunta ng rooftop ng marinig ko ang usap-usapan ng isang grupo ng babae sa may hallway.

Girl1: Alam niyo ba sisters may nakapasok daw dito sa school na hampas lupa. Akalain mo yon? How could the dean let her in?

Girl2: Maybe she seduce the dean. Coz I heard she got the face and a body.

Girl3: She's a Marketing student bitch! And her name is Keen Terro...I think. I heard also that ulila na siya and nasa welfare scholar pa! Duhhhhh!!

Girl1: Hindi siya bagay dito sa school natin!

Girl2: Gold digger!

Girl1: Social Climber!

Girl3: I agree!!! Dapat siyang patalsikin dito!

Girl2: Yes! And we need to plan for that.

Girl1: We gotta go girls!

Yon lang at umalis na sila. Tsk! Mga babae talaga walang magawa. Mga sakit sa ulo!

Sakit sa ulo lang ba?

Tsk!

Pero teka? Keen Terro? Welfare scholar? Ulila? Tsk! LIESSS
But they're planning something bad. I need to protect her. Protect her? Parang baliktad naman ata. Siya nga yong nagpo-protect sakin at kung po-protektahan ko siya pano naman diba? Pano mo po-protektahan ang isang taong wala naman dito. Tsk!

Pej POV

Message: We need to meet up. You have 10 minutes to be here.

Enter

Sent: Mess, Ece, Fare

Tumayo ako mula sa pagkakasalampak sa couch at pumuntang kitchen. I get a box of pizza and started eating.

I look at my watch.
10..
9..
8..
7..
6..
5..
4..
3...

Fare/Mess: We're here!!!

Tsk! Sakit sa tenga!

Fare: We have a new pizza flavor. It's chocolate!

Napataas ang kilay ko sa narinig. Chocolate? Never heard that before.

Mess: Here!

Sabay lapag ng isang box ng pizza sa harap ko. Kumuha ako ng isang slice and ate it.

Pej: Not bad.

Ece: Beer.

Kaagad na nag set up kami sa sala. Kanya-kanyang pwesto. Sa single couch nakaupo si Ece habang nakasalpak pa rin sa tenga ang headset niya. Weird! But sanay na kami diyan. Kahit ganyan yan nakikinig naman yan. Samantalang si Mess and Fare ay inilatag pa talaga ang convertible couch to bed. Di ko nalang pinansin.

Fare: So what's with this meeting?

Pej: I've seen a news and other reports. We need to tackle this.

Mess: News about what?

Pej: Cybersecurity. Here, read it.

Kaagad na shinare ko sa kanila ang files na nakuha ko. We have our own individual laptop and our own network. Easy to catch up.

A new report from Russian cybersecurity firm said that its researchers identified a new malicious programs or worms that infected computers in multiple countries, primarily overseas. Targets appeared to be specifically selected and included military, Islamic activists, journalists, TV stations, radio stations, telecommunication companies, energy companies and other businesses, as well as government personnel.
The report said that one of the programs has elements in common with the so-called K worm, which the cybersecurity group have said was developed by the U.S. hackers to terrorize some countries. Based on their similarities, the creators of both programs are either the same or working closely together.
The malware was not designed for financial gain but to collect information thru cyberespionage. In the report, the firm said the worm was extremely sophisticated, expensive to develop and it takes a brilliant mind to came up with.

The firm said that some of the spyware was designed to burrow into the essential software that comes from downloading files on a random websites. Once it was there in your computer, it was difficult to detect and virtually impossible to remove, and it could gain access to vital codes, such as the keys to deciphering encrypted files. And in this situation it is a difficult technical challenge that likely requires knowledge of the manufacturer's source code - normally a closely guarded secret.

Pej: Isa lang yan sa news na nareceive ko.

Umayos ako ng upo at tumingin sa kanila isa-isa.

Fare: And base on the news may nagli-leak ng information but not to gain financially.

Mess: I think we know what you mean.

Ece: Keen.

Mess: Maybe she's behind these.

Pinagsalikop ko ang mga kamay ko at tumungo ulit sa laptop ko.

Pej: Base on the other reports I've read malamang si Keen nga to. Walang evidence na nakukuha. The work is clean. Very clean. Na kahit mga hackers and NSA ay walang nakukuha
ebidensya.

Fare: What is she planning to do?

Pej: I don't know. We don't know. All I and we know is it's for everyone. For the better.

Flash Report!

Magandang hapon po. We have a flash report here. Grimala the King of all industry is in chaos. The mining, import and export industry are going down. According sa current report, bumaba ng halos 99% ang stocks nila. Kung dati ay nasa P5,391.00 per share ang stocks nila. Ngayon ay umaabot nalang sa P5.00 per share.

Nakakagulat kung paano nangyari ito. Maraming nagkakagulo na bumili ng stocks nila pero marami ding shareholders ang nag withdraw at bininta nalang ang shares sa takot na malugi ang kompanya. What is happening right now? Where is Mr. and Mrs. Grimala? Dahil mula ng nakaraang linggo ay hindi na sila nakita pa. What are they doing? Ang restaurant and business hotels din nila ay nalulugi na near to bankruptcy. Antabayan po natin ang mga susunod na balita ukol dito-

Fare: And she's doing it all again, by HERSELF ALONE.

Pej: And all we need to do is do our job here.

Mess: As usual!

Linch POV

I came home early. I'm not in the mood to go out and have fun. It's just that...I felt empty. I don't know why. Somethings wrong. I felt like I'm not complete.

Dumeritso ako sa minibar and got some brandy. I need to drink to drown myself sa pagtulog mamaya.

I drink the half glass that I put.

Linch: Arrrggg! Tastes sucks!

Kaagad akong pumuntang kusina to get some water. Nag-iinit talaga ang lalamunan ko sa letcheng brandy na yon. Bago yon eh regalo lang sakin.

I poured a shot of brandy again and walk towards the terrace. I need some air and to think. To think? Of what? I really don't know.

Lumapit ako sa railings and stand straight there while my right hand have a brandy and the other is on my pocket.

I watch the stars. Himala! Ang dami nila ngayon ha. And it looks like maganda ang weather.
Linch: Hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm

I look at the other building. Ang kaharap ng unit ko and I was shock when I saw someone. For a long time walang tao don. It's a condo also. Himala may umupa.

Tiningnan ko ang taong nakatayo sa may terrace din. She look at me also and from the look of her she's..she's...

Bigla akong napatayo ng tuwid when I recognized who it was. That was here. She's wearing a bullcap kaya hindi ko makita ang mukha niya but that was her. Hindi ako pweding magkamali. I know her.

Linch: Hey!

Tawag ko sa kanya pero diritso pasok lang siya sa loob.

Linch: Hey! Keen! Comeback!

Wala na siya don.

Kaya tumakbo ako palabas papuntang elevator. I need to see her.

See her? Then what?

Basta I need to see her if she's okay. Where have she been all this time.

--------------
Bawi-bawi din minsan. ^-^

-keenterro still writing at your service