HELP!! (Sarah and the mysterious stranger)

WEEK 45

Prompt:

~~In the beginning...~~

~~This is the story of a man...~~

HELP!!!

><><><><

"HELP!!" In-rushed a screaming Vanessa, running around like a headless chicken.But there would be no help that day, because help had decided to go on a vacation.

"Where is help when you really need it?" Vanessa thought, scowling."What's all the screaming about, Vanessa?" Vlad asked groggily. He looked towards the front door only to see his kitten's rat toy. "It's only a toy."

"No, it came to life and swore vengeance on me for picking it up and giving it to the kitten. I swear!"

"You're insane... I'll go pick it up, watch as nothing happens." But as he picked up the toy rat, a giant cat's paw swiped down at him from the roof. It was Garfield and he wanted his possessed toy rat back!

"Well, won't you look at that... My cat's a Garfield fanboy!" Vlad stood in the doorway, admiring the giant orange cat with a glint in his eyes. The cat was staring straight back at him as if into his soul, searching for the thing it didn't have. Only there was no soul to be found, for Vlad also sold his soul to the newly-made devil to help him earn his name.

Vanessa was now screaming louder and higher than ever, so that one could even say the glass was shuddering. Until the glass shattered, and could now be called broken.

The cat made an eerie sound since the husk of its body could hardly function without a soul. It was truly an animal with no feelings and no thoughts or regulations; only instincts.And it's instincts told it to bake a chocolate cake, though it struggled to bake a such a thing without getting any cat hair in it.

But Garfield was still hungry. It smirked and looked at Vanessa, who was still screaming.Vanessa, realising that Garfield was sizing her up for a meal, stopped screaming and made a run for it, hoping to the nine divines that she could get away.

But before she could run to safety, Vanessa tripped and fell to the floor, face-down. The rumbling she felt in the ground indicated to her that the cat hadn't given up it's chase, and was about to devour her.

Vanessa managed to summon a tray of freshly-baked lasagne and held it up as a peace offering!

"I accept your offering," shouted a magical stranger, before grabbing the lasagne tray and vanishing.

Garfield remained unsatiated, and grabbed Vanessa with one of its giant paws. She was surely done for now, with nothing else left to offer.

"I forgot to say thank you," said a voice, and the stranger reappeared next to Garfield before proceeding to smack it for her with his staff, turning the giant paw creature into a toy poodle. Garfield hissed, and started swiping at the magical stranger, while Vanessa fell towards the hard ground with nothing to break her fall.

Meanwhile, the stranger flicked their staff to make Garfield the size of a mouse, and waved it to enable Vanessa to levitate right before she hit the ground.

That is, until Vanessa lost the ability to levitate. She changed her name to Sarah in remorse.

This called forth the spirit of Sarah 1.0, who then possessed her body. The spirit of Vanessa now haunted Sarah, providing guides on what the real Vanessa would do. She looked at Sarah miserably failing at her act, before shaking her head in disappointment and disappearing into the night.

Garfield was confused, as was the stranger, so they both left to go fishing. Although both Garfield and the stranger were able to reconcile, the urge that Garfield had to eat every fish caught by the stranger annoyed him.

But Garfield did it nonetheless and loved every moment of it. Until Monday arrived. The stranger, frustrated and annoyed, found their clothes ripped by Garfield. The stranger had had enough. He waved his staff and Garfield became the one thing it despised.... a clone of Vanessa. Garfield despised his new form even more when he realized he couldn't speak the human language. Thus started the journey of his nightmares.

In the next moment, Sarah blew up the world. And from that catastrophic disaster emerged an evolved and mutated Toxic Garfield!

But Toxic Garfield died and the world went back to normal. Sarah morphed into a chicken and began annoying her sister, Vanessa.

"If you don't stop that, I'll make you into nuggets!" But Sarah did not stop. So Vanessa, keeping her word, turned Sarah into nuggets. They didn't look very appetizing, but Vanessa thought to try them anyways.

"Needs a pinch of salt!" As soon as she said this, Vanessa turned into a grain of salt. And a huge one, at that. So huge, in fact, that it fell on top of the chicken nuggets and pressed them flat.

Suddenly the God of food appeared; "Over-salted chicken nuggets?!? What an abomination!""Well, Gordon Ramsey gave me a 10/10 on TikTok, so..."

"Pah! I eat Gordon Ramsey for breakfast," roared the enraged God. He continued; "Mere mortals like you have no idea what REAL delicious cuisine tastes like."

The God farted and exclaimed about the beauty of potatoes; "You can flambé, grill, fry, cook, heat, underheat, overheat, and sauté them!"

Out of nowhere, a giant potato— as large as the God Himself— erupted out of the ground and started singing Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish. The God narrowed His eyes. But after a moment, he started waving his hands and said, "Quiet, quiet!"

Not only did the potato stop singing, it also vaporised into thin air. The God shook his head in displeasure; if only the potato sang his favourite song instead!

Next, a bean dropped from the skies, and went into an alternate universe. You could even hear it shout "YEEEEEEEEET," as it pass through another dimension.Before turning into a doorknob. Since it originated from a bean, could it be edible?

Meanwhile, God had heard the bean scream and lunged at it, in an attempt to rescue it from the impending doom. Which turned the God into a bean himself.He bounced off the atmosphere of the universe, then turned into another doorknob.

Vlad reappeared and took a nice, long sip of water, before evaporating into acid. He was a legend, and would be missed. But not for too long, as someone new appeared in the distance.

It was Brad Pitt!

He tripped and fell on his face, while everyone watching laughed. To his bewilderment, he fell right at the feet of the real Vanessa. She had this evil smirk in her face, her hands behind her as if hiding something.

"Woah, that's an evil smirk," said a mysterious stranger. Although a stranger, they looked oddly familiar.

They were the same stranger from before, who saved Vanessa from Garfield!

"Oh, you are back. So good to see you," said Vanessa with a genuine smile.

The stranger raised his staff, as though he was going to curse Vanessa. But instead he blessed her with new life, and sent her to a different dimension to live out the rest of her days.

~ ~ f i n ~ ~