There's a plot in here somewhere.....I guess

WEEK 49

Prompt

"She burned your house down?!"

"Yea, I seem to have underestimated the fury of a woman scorned."

**************

"I thought you said you weren't dating," Madeline snapped.

"Well, I'm sorry, all women look the same to me," Bob groaned.

Madeline sighed. "So what's your plan now?"

"I can always call up my brother. We come from a water-powered family, so it makes sense." The man shrugged, all too casual about the situation.

"Wait, if that's true, couldn't you have stopped the fire?"

"Well... I don't have that power, but the rest of my family does."

"Then what is your power?" Madeline asked.

"Well, I am fire-powered"

"So your mom cheated? Well, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"For the love of god Maddie, why are you dragging my mother in this?"

"What did I say about you calling me Maddie?" Madeline snapped, avoiding the question.

"I don't know, I forgot."

"Listen, sometimes elements don't run down the bloodline the same way... I could just be a special case!" He tried to defend his mother, though he knew she was very capable of doing what Madeline had accused her of. His mother's greed and desire for power repulsed him too.

"Sure, and my dog just learned how to talk to me today." She looked at him with a sarcastic glint in her eyes.

"Can you at least hear my side?" he cried as his hair glowed slightly with anger.

"Fine," Madeline sighed. "But make it short."

"It was an arranged marriage between families for power and we hate each other's guts."

"What a liar, everyone knows arranged marriages for abilities alone are illegal now."

"It isn't, if you have parents who can bribe the guardians with mountains of gold," Bob said.

And everyone looked at the mountain that is literally made of gold.

"If you can manipulate reality, then just say that."

"If I could I would, but then my parents would literally try to end you."

The woman was about to reply, but the overwhelming burning sensation of her skin caused her to halt. She turned her head to see another man that looked exactly like Bob storming up.

"Brother, I hope you can explain yourself," he growled, walking right past Madeline and grabbing Bob by the collar.

"Let go of me or I'm burning your arm," Bob growled, yanking the arm off him.

"Try me," Alexander challenged with a smirk.

Madeline could feel her body shaking at their words. Neither were fighting, but why did she feel like the safest thing to do was run away?

"Whoa there, don't scare the poor little girlie away," said a voice from behind. It was a woman that Madeline instantly recognized as the one of the most powerful women in the nation...and Bob's mother.

"Oh I'm so so sorry for the trouble, my dear," she looked at Madeline with what seemed to be an exaggerated smile.

"No worries, Mrs. Williams," Madeline said with a fake smile plastered on her lips.