Rolling Heads and Catastrophic Popcorn

WEEK 58

Prompt:
' Thump. The head dropped to the floor and rolled to a stop at my feet, leaving a crimson trail. '

T/W: violence and love triangles

-- --

"Oh no, not this again."

"What not again?"

"It seems like the prince is bored."

"Care to join me, my beloved?" the brunette asked, with a sickening smile.

"Yes, we should undress that smile and dress it with pleasure instead," said the prince, as he walked towards the brunette's friend, a blonde.

The blonde punched the prince in his face, because he's nasty. "Hey, we have names, you know!" she exclaimed. "My name is Hattie McPierce— also known as Big Momma."

"And that head that slid to my feet is my friend, whose head is detachable, apparently."

"Well, punch me again for trying to put a smile on that sickening face," said the prince, as he picked up the bloody head. He began to weep with happiness.

Hattie McPierce (also known as Big Momma) scared the prince and the head fell on the ground. This caused the prince to die of a heart attack.

But since he had five hearts he just started on the next one.

"Wait, is that even possible?!" the author asked.

"Yeah, this is the fantasy world of Shaggy. Anything is impossible here!" Scooby barked.

The head smirked, "I mean I'm still alive too, so there's that!"

"But that shouldn't be possible," Dennis the Menace mused.

All of a sudden, Sarah popped up with a sadistic grin on her face. "Me, too!" Then she got shot by a force so ominous that one can only describe it as darkness itself. But because she also had five hearts, Sarah came back to life rather quickly with a confused look on her face.

Sarah wanted to find her soulmate, someone who loved murder just as much as she did. She might have found it in the prince. But the feelings were unrequited, for the prince had feelings for Hattie McPierce.

Sarah was determined to win the prince's heart, as she had never felt love this great ever before. So she challenged Hattie McPierce to a duel of the century for the heart of the prince.

"I challenge thee, Sir Hattie McPierce, to a duel for the heart of the beloved prince!"

But Hattie McPierce just waved her hand with a bored expression, "I don't even like him that much, but okay."

"The duel shall take place tomorrow!" Sarah said.

"I shall be the judge of that!" the head on the ground declared.

"Shut it," Sarah said, "this doesn't concern you. This is between me and Big Momma." She gave Hattie a piercing glare.

In response, Hattie McPierce stuck out her tongue, eyes scrunched closed like a sulking six-year-old child. Sarah glared at her in disgust. How could the prince love someone who acts like a six-year-old?

"You're so cute, my love!" the prince called.

"And you look like a toad," Sarah yelled back.

The prince was angered by Sarah's comment, so he pulled out his sword and sliced her head off, too.

To the prince's surprise, Sarah was alive— all thanks to fluidity kung-fu taught her all these years.

"Nice try," Sarah said, with a smug look on her face.

"You look beautiful with your head off," the prince breathed, before fainting.

"Oh, so now you love me."

"Well, that depends— Hattie McPierce still has my heart," he paused for breath. "But I will learn to love you. And I will try to forget Hattie, so we can have a happily ever after, Sarah."

He pulled Sarah close by the waist, wanting to kiss her, but then he remembered that her head was cut off.

"Well, thank you for bringing a smile into my life!" said the prince, as he held the headless body of Sarah, the lost princess of smiles. He slowly picked up her body to carry her bridal-style in his arms.

But suddenly, the prince seemed to have a change of heart. He sprinted and dropped Sarah in a pool of lava before she could do anything, so he could marry his true beloved, Hattie McPierce.

The magical pool of lava brought Sarah back to life with another pretty face, and the prince fell in love again. Hattie McPierce began to dance with Sarah, leaving the prince bawling his eyes out with no one left to love him. Hattie McPierce and Sarah fell in love that day. But they soon remembered that today they would also duel for the heart of the prince.

When the duel began, the prince had his eyes on Sarah, but Sarah now loved Hattie McPierce the most. Hattie loved Sarah so much that she couldn't hurt her, and Sarah loved Hattie so much that neither could she. Sarah made a plan.

She pretended to slice Hattie's throat, before turning and throwing the knife directly to the prince's heart. The prince happily died once again. This was, in fact, his seventh time dying.

But, the prince rose from the dead, pulled the arrow, and threw it back at Sarah. Hattie screamed and jumped in front of the arrow.

Meanwhile, the invisible Pasta Ghost had become so amazed at how a knife could turn into an arrow that a piece of popcorn fell out of his mouth. The popcorn flew straight towards Hattie's chest and protected her from the arrow's strike. Sarah thought that Hattie was dead and began to run to her, sobbing.

But before Sarah could get there, another piece of popcorn fell and wiped out everyone.

THE END!