28

"I want an army of every single living wolf here within the next ten minutes. I want every single weapon we have in this town here and ready. I want. my son. back!" The luna of the Rossi pack calmly said standing at the head of the table with her husband behind her.

Leo knew his mother to be a proud, kind and compassionate woman.

But touch her kids and you die.

Her hands were shaking beside her. The only visible sign of her anguish.
His father was wringing his hands beside her.
Casey was sitting next to Aaron crying. Aaron never saw his sister cry before. He was patting her back repeatedly with a fearful expression on his face.
Leo felt like he was hardly here. It was like he wasn't real. He had to pinch himself just to make sure.

His sister had come to get the little ones. Matteo was standing by the window glaring  into the distance and Romano was sitting on the floor beside them.

"We don't know what happened to him. He could just be.."
"Our mindlink is gone. He is in danger! He needs to be found now!" Mother interrupted the head officer sitting on the table
Chief Samuel was kind of a dick. No one really liked him.
But he got things done.
He was a human but everyone knew he was dead jealous of the werewolf's.
Keeping him on was more a keep your enemies closer thing than anything else.

"Maybe he is-"
"I don't want to hear you talk unless it is something helpful." Mother dismissed him without looking.
"Luna is right. We need to end this thing once and for all. Call the UNC and tell them we are fixing the hunter problem ourselves." The beta said, his eyes stuck on his own kids.

The door slammed  open en the delta ran inside.
"I just got a call from a wizard who is in contact with a few survivors of the Ash Creek pack. They are asking for a meeting."
"Not the time. Tell them to call back later." His father sighed.
"I did. They said they could help. I figured we could use all the help we could get. As we all know none of them can get out of this alive or our town is..."
"Fucked." Leo added.
His dad gave him a look but no one bothered to correct him.

"It can't hurt to have a wizard on our side. Let them come."
Delta nodded but it didn't take a genius to figure out he already agreed and came to ask more forgiveness than permission.
Delta Norman was a reckless and quick man. He took the jumps other where afraid to take.

"The seventyseven packlaw and bloodmoon pack are on their way for the meeting but they might not be here in time. They promised to keep an eye out on their way in for any rouge hunter."
Leo frowned.
He had heard of both those packs, and good things at that.
But a meeting with the three of them was an unusual request.
He wondered what they wanted.
But getting his brother out was more important right now.
And his mate.

"We all know Rohan, Leandro's mate. He is half wolf and half human. Has light blond hair and is seventeen years old. Make sure he is not hurt.
There are other children, but we have reason to believe they will not hesitate to kill if giving the change. So make sure to apprehend them as quick as possible."
Everybody nodded.

They all knew what this meant.

Killing the mate of an alpha could drive them to madness.
And he was that alpha.
And Rohan was that mate.
He couldn't lose Rohan.
He hardly knew anything about him but he tastes like rain and thunder and he knew he would rather die than lose his mate.
He couldn't ...

His fathers head warrior started laying out some tactics to take on the house in the best possible way. Right on this moment a mindlink warning had gone out making sure everybody near the hunter house would make sure to leave toward the other side of town with their kids. Making sure not to be to obvious about it.
He knew some of the scouts were on site to make sure it all went down well and to keep taps on the house.

A phone rang.
And Leandro felt his stomach turn.

"What do you mean they are not there anymore." His father hissed.
His mother lost it.
She fel in her chair like someone chopped all the strings holding her together.
Matteo, who usually had the loudest mouth and was always ready to defy his parents rushed to her side grabbing a hold of her like he was trying to keep her together with his mere willpower.

Romano stood up from the floor. But he didn't go to his twins and mothers side. He walked over to Leandro.
Sitting by himself in a chair surrounded by people
He didn't say anything.
He just stood behind him putting both his hands on his shoulders.
Giving a little squeeze. Then unmoving.
Like a Pilar keeping him in this world.

"I see. Yes, find them. Do whatever you have to do! Just find them."
His father hangs up the phone, Leo didn't even know he picked it up. He didn't even hear it ring.
His father looked like is lost.
"They are not there anymore." His whispered.

His mother gasped in pain and sank in the arms of her son. Her cries ripped Thru his body like knives.
His father leaned heavily on the table. Like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and he can't keep it up anymore. Like he is losing the fight.
His father had fought for a long time. He stood and defended this pack for decades. Leo was gonna take over when he turned Twenty one.

A age that in the werewolf community that has a strong meaning.
The age that boys become man.
That girls become woman.
His father fought long and hard. And now it's his turn.

Leo slowly rises from his chair.
His wolf is so calm it's almost terrifying.

"We will find them." Alpha Leandro softly said.
Some look at him. Their eyes winded in surprise. Someone jumps up like they can't believe it.
The beta frowns worried. Looking between his father and Leandro.
"We might not." He tries to keep it realistic. To make it less... painful. To keep things in perspective. But Leandro dismisses it with a wave of his hand.
"We won't stop until we do." The alpha of the Rossi pack decides looking down to his pack.

"We will save my mate, your lunos. And we will save my brother. And we will end this hunter problem, once and for all."

Did Leo just take over the pack just like that? Yes he did!
All cheer for alpha Leandro Rossi! On his way to safe his mate and bro!

His wolf took over the Burden for his father so his dad is no longer alpha!

Thanks for reading! Just ten more chapters I believe. So in five weeks all of book 2 will be online! I hope you'll enjoy the ending as much as I do!

The first one has 16k! And had anyone seen the short story I uploaded? All chapters are now up for 'my prince!' A cute wholesome story about a boy and his prince ☺️

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote and follow and make sure to wear warm clothes cause it's cold out!