thirty-six

IT WAS TALKING TO javon that made alfie realise how much she really missed him, and it also made her regret ever cutting him off. they spoke like it was only yesterday that they were filming, it was almost as though she'd never left.

javon had forgotten how much he adored her smile, how much he adored the tiny things that she did. he was so happy to see her, and even happier to be talking like normal again. the only problem was, he still wanted more than to be just friends with alfie. he still wasn't satisfied.

"i just thought that if i didn't talk to you, i wouldn't miss you as much." she looked down at her food, twirling her straw around her drink. "and i mean- the worst thing is that, i don't think it worked. because if it did then i wouldn't have been so focused on trying to cut you off."

he smirked, "i'm just too hard to forget." his tone was sarcastic, but alfie knew what he said was completely true. javon walton was impossible to forget.

she smiled, looking into his eyes as she brought her lips to her straw. "i guess you are, buzz-cut boy."

he took a few moments to admire her before pressing his hands on the table, pushing back his chair. "c'mon. we're going to our spot." she chuckled, quickly getting up from her seat and catching up with him.

—————

they'd been walking for some time, enjoying the sound of the city, when javon spoke up. "so, you and william, huh?"

she furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at him with a confused expression. "me and william?" she asked, with no idea what he was talking about.

he cleared his throat briefly, "you spend a lot of time together, from what i've seen."

"we used to do a lot of shoots together, i guess we do see each other a lot." she answered, tucking her hair behind her ear.

he paused, "so you're not- y'know."

she sent him a quizzical look, "we're not what?" she looked at him for a moment longer, then sighing with laughter. "no way, we're not dating. he's two years older than me."

"right, good to know." he smiled.

she processed what he'd said, looking up at him with a raised eyebrow. "good to know? what's that meant to mean?"

"i just don't think he would be...good for you." javon said.

she smiled, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "and why is that?"

he shook his head, "i don't know, i guess- there are loads of other people in the world who would treat you better than him."

"and how do you know how he treats me? for all you know, he could treat me like a princess." she grinned, placing her hand beneath her chin jokingly.

"if he knew you well enough, he'd know that you would hate to be treated like a princess. you told me yourself." he answered.

"good answer." she smiled, almost proudly. "you remembered me saying that?"

he bit back a smile, "of course i did."

"