Chapter 9- New Beginnings

Saori lyed on Kiriko's lap asleep leaving the burned home. Kiriko stroked her hair staring out the window drifting off herself as hawks drove to his home with Nico in the passengers seat sound asleep. "Does becoming a hero take away from family?" Kiriko asked not breaking her gaze out the window. Hawks stared in the rear view at who spoke to him. "Uh...well to be honest I never really had a great family growing up..being a hero distracted me from the family I had and the UA brought family and friends that made being a hero better" he said in a soft but firm tone. "If that's the case..Why did you and my mom fall out of touch?" She said straight forward "I-...l was to blame for that... I pulled away from her because of my selfish reasons and made her feel I wasn't someone she could talk to at hard times." He explained "What was the reason?" "I-..." "Bakugo!?" Kiriko said looking out the window at bakugo who took the trash out stopping seeing kiriko look at him and gave her a smug look. 'Thank god I didn't have to explain to her that I was upset her dad had won nico' hawks thought to himself pulling into the driveway. "We're here." He said while placing his hands in his lap looking over at nico who was sound asleep. "Hey do you wanna carr-" hawks started but stopped realizing kiriko had run over to bakugo. "-y your sister for me..." he finished looking at them in the car. "I was able to save her tonight...I wish I could've done the same for you" Hawks said to himself. He carried Saori into the house and laid her in the guest bedroom before going out and picking Nico up. She blinked her eyes waking up "Wh-" She started "Shhh go back to sleep dove" hawks said covering her in his wings and lying her in the bed as she closed her eyes back. 'Dove...'she thought to herself drifting off to sleep.

FLASH BACK
"Next" The teacher called out. "I wanna be called midnight since my quirk puts people to sleep. "Nice one...next" he said complimenting midnight and moving on "My hero name is Hawks!" Hawks said with a large smile as if his was the best thing in the world. "Oh please your like a dove compared to my awesome hawk quirk" hawks shouted "I don't have wings.." Nico said confused "well if you did" hawks said pointing at her as the whole class began to erupt in laughter. "What's so funny?!" He shouted seeing Zetsūbo manipulate the wind and lift the hair piece the teacher had . "Hey stop that" Hawks shouted trying to put it down but was too short to reach it "let me help you" Zetsūbo said lifting hawks up by the shirt and then dropping him making him bump into a plant. "Nico watched without laughing, giggling or smiling,... she kinda felt bad for him. Nico stood up and picked a leaf from his hair as she held her hand out to hawks. He looked up and was stunned seeing Nico standing there. "You alright?" Nico said as he took her hand.

Lunch time

Nico sat at a table with her bagged lunch getting ready to unpack it. "Not so fast loco" endevor said approaching nico. "It's Nico" "I don't care" endeavor said with an evil grin and his arms crossed "This is my table, puny little hero's like you don't deserve to sit here-" "Leave her alone you human torch!" Hawks said launching an apple at endeavor that made a sizzling sound bouncing off his head and rolling onto the floor. "Aww look what the cat drug in...her little chicken"
Endeavor said with and evil grin crossing his arms. "Shut up you hot cheeto why are you picking on innocent souls?" Hawks said stepping infront of nico. "Neither of you deserve to become a hero you both cease to exist in this hero world!" "You keep talking your going to be the one that ceases to exist!-" hawks shouted approaching endeavor who flames emerged into the air from his head. The two were stoped by Zetsūbo who appeared in front of them with his hands in his pockets, unphased by the situation. "Your buisness isn't here endeavor hero's don't look down on others because their quirk seems lesser than theirs... that doesn't make you a hero at all your than considered a villain." Charging Zetsūbo endeavor was stopped instantly by Zetsūbo's wind. "If you play your cards right anyone can really be considered an hero." Zetsūbo continued as if he didn't try to attack him. Blowing a quick small breath towards endeavor he put his hair out leaving nothing but a red hair. "Ha! Who's the chicken now you burned out match!" Hawks said pointing as the whole lunch room watched the scene laughing as well. Endeavor covered his head running out the lunch room. "Thank you-" Nico started but stopped realizing Zetsūbo began walking off hands not leaving his pockets once. "Don't pay him any mind, hey you alright little dove your burning up and your all red" Hawks said waving his hand in her face. "I should take you to see Recovery girl just in case" hawks said immediately sweeping her up bridal style and heading towards the clinic. "H-hey what-what are you-" Nico stuttered snapping back to reality still flushed. "Hey take it easy you'll be better in no time little dove" hawks said not breaking his gaze from his path as Nico stared up at his defined jaw and golden brown eyes. Once they arrived hawks placed nico down on the medical bed and placed her under the covers.

"What's wrong with this one?" Recovery girl said watching hawks scramble around. "I don't know she's burning up must be a cold" hawks said standing next to her. Recovery girl went to nico's side and examined her "She's perfectly fine seems as if a certainty someone has turned her head" Recovery girl said with no remorse making both hawks and Nico flush as Nico hid under the medical bed covers. "What I'm just telling the truth" Recovery girl said writing down on her clipboard.

END OF FLASHBACK

Hawks sat by the window where the moonlight beamed into the dark room watching as Nico slept. 'You weren't really flushing for me were you little dove?' Hawks asked himself. " Nico tossed and turned before slightly opening her eyes and looking back to the window where someone no longer sat. Laying back down and staring, drifting off to sleep.

Approaching bakugo who didn't seem so fond of the blue haired girl she was very worn out but too stunned to actually fall asleep. "So the infamous dekugo stays right next door to my new home?" Kiriko said making a stop infront of him. "What do you want kid?" "You didn't seem bothered by that kid Shinso today" Kiriko said making conversation. "There's no point in arguing with extras" Bakugo said sitting on the steps infront of his apartment complex. "That much confidence huh? I'm going to enjoy seeing the look on your face when I take first place" kiriko said taking a seat next to him. "Ha! You don't stand a chance against me" Bakugo said laughing out. "Don't underestimate me dekugo" kiriko said slowly getting quieter. Bakugo sat in silence before feeling kiriko's hair fall upon his shoulder followed by her head settling into the crook of his neck. With wide shocked eyes and a flushed face he looked at her from the corner of his eyes at the sleeping kiriko.  lifting her head up he carried her bridal style over to hawks place and knocked on the door waiting on a response.
Hawks opened the door and looked down at the sleeping kiriko and then back up at bakugo who held a strict face. "U-uh I can- I-I mean you can ju-" hawks said with his arms out as if he was going to grab her but Bakugo walked straight in towards the hall. "U-ugh yeah the second door to the right" hawks said stepping out of the way and watching Bakugo take leave down the hall. Bakugo placed kiriko down next to Saori before turning to leave. Kiriko grabbed his lower wrist stopping bakugo in his tracks increasing his heart beat and making his face turn a bright shade of pink. Her hand slowly fell from his falling to the edge of her bed.

He quickly covered his face leaving hawks home at a fast pace and rushing into his apartment