Chapter 3: Fire and Screams

Screaming jolts me out of my bed. I quickly run to the door, my bare feet slapping the cold wood as I make my way outside into the cool night air.

Fire, smoke, and a stench great me as I observe the view from my door. The night is illuminated by the rising flames of numbers houses burning to the ground. Members of my pack running and fight unknown wolves. Rouges! 

I run forward, trying to assemble some kind of plan in my head, anxiety filling me as I stumble around watching the slaughter before me. There are so many bodies littering the ground.

A chilling scream rips through the air behind me. I quickly turn, my eyes growing wide as one of the children of my pack hangs limp in the mouth of a silver wolf. A little girl that just learned to shift last week. I remember her bright smile as her gray wolf bonded with her.

Blood pools from her chest as the wolf clenches down hard, causing small snaps as her chest breaks. Without thinking, I have move forward until my arms wrap around the neck of the silver wolf. Green lightning caressing over me as I squeeze, cutting off their air flow. The smell of the rogue stench sending me into a rage.

The rogue drops the girl, but I already know it is too late. Her body lands limp on the ground. Her eyes clouded and distant as her blood freely rushes onto the grass, staining the weeds and dirt.

I feel the rogue begin to struggle, trying to pull their head out of my arms. It doesn't take me another second to squeeze with all my strength, my eyes never leaving the little girl's face. A snap sounds through the air as the wolf's body goes limp. I drop the body as I try to regain myself. I can feel my omega writhing inside me, wanting to take over and seek revenge.

"Izuku!" I'm drawn out of my trance at the familiar voice yelling at me.

"Kami?" I turned to see him running toward me, his round belly prominent in his night clothes. Tears evident in his eyes as he grasps my hand and huddles close to me.

I look out to my village, the scene horrific. So many of my people lay on the ground. Some in their wolf form and others still clutching their children as they lay lifeless. So many faces I have loved, now unmoving.

There's a growl that catches our attention. A large gray wolf stalking towards us, their size indicating them the alpha leader of the rogues.

"Kami, I need you to run." I say, just before shifting.

I can feel Kami take steps back as he obeys me. I search through the pack link and a chill runs through me as I realize how few of my pack are still alive. I can hear some call for help before they go quiet, before their link disappears.

I cringe as my omega begins to fight me, desperate to take out it's anger on the leader that is now approaching me. I force myself to stay in control, my eyes never leaving the alpha wolf. We stalk towards each other, sizing the other up. My size is half in comparison to his, this will give me an advantage if I play my cards right.

I bare my fangs, allowing my pheromones to seep out as my omega urges me to kill. Within one breath I hunch down, activating my quirk, and lunge forward. My claws make contact to the side of the alpha's neck as I sink them deep into the flesh.

He violently claws at my side, trying to shake me off. I feel him clamp down on my right thigh, but I don't allow a whimper to escape me. In return wrap my fangs around his snout, allowing my omega to relish in the taste of his blood.

He rears up and I am thrown onto the ground, the impact knocking the wind out of me. I try to get up, but feel pressure on my neck as the alpha steps on me. My lungs screaming for air as black dots impair my vision