Chapter: Home

Izuku hummed as he sat at the small table in the cabin. Shoto was cooking a small breakfast for them. Nothing fancy since this was their last meal here in the cabin. Izuku wanted to go all out for the occation, but knew that the trek back to their territory wouldn't be one that they would want to make on a full belly.

Izuku's heat had calmed down almost instantly after being claimed by his alpha. His neck was a bit sore when he touched it, but nothing too unbearable. Through out the entire morning he found himself brushing his fingers over the marks, feeling the divots that proved that what happened wasn't a dream. The feeling under his fingertips was almost hypnotizing, it brought an other-worldly comfort as he gently massaged the area. He loved the mark, the permanent imprints in his skin acting as a constant reminder of the alpha in front of him. The proof of love that Shoto had for him in physical form.

Izuku smiled to himself, his eyes opening to look at the man of his devotion. He truly was better than anything Izuku thought he would have. He wouldn't trade Shoto for anything. He was more than just a mate, that word didn't feel like it could express how he felt for the man. It was like his whole body was drawn to him and begged to scent him over and over again.

The smell of porridge began to fill the air, the mixture of brown sugar and maple syrup spiring a grumble deep in the omega's stomach. He cupped his stomach with a tight grip in hopes that the pressure would soothe the burning hunger. The action doing little to stifle the tight yearning.

Shoto smiled as he heard the angry noise, turning to his mate with an amused look. "Almost done, my omega." He said softly.

Izuku chirped at him, happy with anything and everything the alpha did. He watched as Shoto stirred the oats, the thick mixture radiating steam as it soaked up all the water in the pot. It looked delicious and Izuku was starting to get impatient. The days that they had spent here was filled with so many activities, each one leaving him with an undeniable hunger.

Izuku got up from his chair, walking over to his alpha with quick steps. Shoto had already gotten out the bowls and utensils they would need, so there wasn't really anything for Izuku to do to help. He had assumed that Shoto would expect him to cook since that was usually the role of the omega in a pair, but it seemed that Shoto liked to do this role.

Anytime that Izuku would start to prepare something whether for both of them or just himself, he found Shoto right next to him shortly after. Shoto would always smile and start helping, taking the 'hardest' job off of Izuku's hands. Within a few minutes however, Shoto would somehow take over the whole preparation without Izuku even noticing until he was told to go sit down and rest.

Izuku hadn't thought much of it at first, thinking it was just the alpha's way of being chivalrous, but now Izuku could see that Shoto truly wanted to provide in this aspect of their relationship. So the omega just went along with it, he wasn't going to fight the alpha over trivial roles when he wasn't much of a cook to begin with. He hadn't cooked in years with how busy he was learning from Yagi.

Though that didn't stop him from purposefully starting food just to be cheeky. He almost had Shoto learned and could now anticipate what the alpha would do. Everything in good fun though.

Izuku stopped right behind Shoto, his arms circling around the alpha's waist and hugging him close. He took a deep breath, the alpha's oak filled his nose with a soft tingle that left him feeling increasingly more calm.

"Omega?" Shoto asked, peaking over his shoulder to look at Izuku.

"I missed you." Izuku whispered, nuzzling into Shoto's back. Shoto chuckled in response, continuing his task as one of his hands came to rest on Izuku's arm that was resting on the alpha's stomach.