Chapter 24: Visiting Packs

It's early in the morning as I walk alongside Shoto. I have been patrolling with him every morning when he isn't with any of the younger wolves who are training to become fighters.

The two of us have gotten a lot closer during this time. I have learned a lot about him and his childhood. Like how he cried when his older sister mated and moved into another pack, or when his oldest brother was banished from the pack when he was 5. He doesn't remember why and his pack was never given a reason for the decision. How he clung to his second brother for years, scared that his father would send him away too.

I have told him more about my childhood. Mostly about my mother and Yagi, though he asked a lot of questions about how our pack was different from his. He couldn't believe how many omegas there were in our pack. I had to laugh because I never really thought about it. It was normal to have 15 omegas running around, 5 male and 10 female. We didn't have a lot of betas since omegas usually give birth to alphas or more omegas.

I guess Alpha packs are the opposite. More Betas than Alphas and Omegas, I hadn't realized how rare male omegas are until Shoto pointed it out. His pack only has 4 omegas now, 2 male and 2 female, and that was a lot compared to other packs. Before it was just the two female omegas, Ochako and his mother. It was a shock to many of the Tododorki pack to see two male omegas from the same pack when we came.

It has started making more scents why the previous Royal Omegas kept our pack in hiding. To have so many omegan wolves can cause hostility for the potential of strong pups from so many omegas. With the possibility of a royal being born from one of them, it is terrifying what could happen if a selfish Superior discovered one of their members was royal.

It has been a couple weeks and the weather has warmed up significantly. The snow has melted away and the grass has become green as the leaves mature and berries start growing . The god of spring is waking up, and I cannot be more happy.

It is almost noon when we start making our way towards the village after being traded out by the next shift. Most of the time we go play with the pups as lunch starts getting prepared or we lay in the clearing by the pond. We have made a spot for ourselves there so we can have some privacy. We spend many evenings there talking and laughing with one another as we cuddle on a blanket.

We also spend almost every evening exploring each other. Allowing our desires to control us for a few hours. No one bothers us since we make sure to do it when everyone has already retreated into their homes for the night. We don't go farther than what we did in the pond since mating with a Superior is a big deal.

Shoto has brought a light that I didn't know I needed in the darkness I live in. Though he can't close the empty hole from losing Kacchan and my pack, he makes it easier to endure the pain. I can feel our bond becoming stronger as the days go by. We are almost glued to each other's side. Always together whether Shoto has free time or when he invites me to tag along during his duties.

"Izuku?" Shoto grabs my attention as we walk along his pack's territory. I hum in response as I look at him. "I will be hosting two packs today for the yearly courting activities." He says looking down at the ground as we walk.

I frown at him. Is he trying to tell me that he is bringing people for him to court? Could it be the person Neito told me about? I thought... I must have done something wrong. Maybe he doesn't like what we have been doing and wants a pure omega as a mate. I can feel my stomach clench at the thought. I look away as I feel the familiar sting in my eyes and tightness in my throat.