Chapter 14: Negotiating

The morning sun shines onto my face, the smell of due complementing the slight breeze that blows through my fur. I feel so warm and comfy as I start to stretch my legs. My back presses against a solid object and I open my eyes. The white and red wolf next to me is still asleep, his body curling around mine as his chest slowly rises and falls.

I can't help but nuzzle into the alpha's neck, my omega purring lightly at the warmth and closeness we share. I really enjoy waking up like this, I wouldn't mind having someone next to me every morning like this. Why have I pushed him away so much? His companionship has been nice.

Sho is very direct in how he goes about things, not being hesitant or one to beat around the bush. He may be very blunt with his words and actions towards his interest in me being his mate, but he has never been rude or inconsiderate of my feelings in that process.

He respects me even when I have been brash and rude in return. He has treated me as an equal though he is an alpha, even when that was purposefully hidden. He doesn't treat me like any less because of my second gender, in fact it seems that he holds me just as high as himself.

Maybe it is because I am a Royal, but non the less, I'm still an omega. With how many alphas have treated me in the past, that doesn't change how many of them have a superiority complex when it comes to me being a stronger wolf compared to them.

Even Kacchan had some issues when we were younger. Before I had my first heat at 18, many just thought I was a strong beta. The next Royal wasn't supposed to be born so close in age to the Superior Omega. There were only 5 betas in my pack, and I was dismissed as the possible Royal because of my age, first gender and not being able to ignore Alpha pheromones. I wasn't fully able to deny my submission to alphas, but that was only because I was an adolescent wolf. Even adolescent alphas submit to other alpha pheromones.

A female beta was presumed to be the next Royal. She was 10 when my omega presented. It caused a fuse in our pack. A female was meant to be the next Royal since that was how it was patterned for generations. My presentation was hard for many in my pack to accept, but it was my friend that I didn't expect to be among them.

So when I had my first heat, Kacchan hated that I was suddenly of a higher status than him, at least that is what I assumed. I'm sure it was because he was the one with me when I fell into heat. We were out by our favorite tree, and I started seducing him. Looking back, I think I scared him. I was suddenly a different person, my omega in control of me, as I ignored his protests to my actions.

He was distant for months, only giving harsh words and shoves in response to me. It got worse when I was able to handle the Royal quirk that Yagi passed to me. The blonde alpha would seek me out to fight him, saying I was still as low as a beta or just as weak as an omega no matter my Royal status. That it would have been better for me to be an omega than what I am, cause then I could actually be useful.

I thought I had lost my childhood friend, that what we had shared was gone because of what I am. I hated my status for a long time, I wished for it to go away. I was desperate for Kacchan to accept me again, he was my best friend and it hurt for him to be so mean for something I couldn't change.

But things changed when Kacchan's alpha, Mitsuki, was attacked by a bear while patroling our territory line in the late afternoon. She was injured badly trying to keep her omegan mate safe, he had gone into an early heat unexpectedly, his cries of pain had attracted the large bear.

Yagi was out with some young wolves, teaching them how to hunt. I was left in charge for the day.

When Mitsuki had called for help through the pack link, I was the first one to get to the two wolves. Because of my quirk, I was able to respond quickly. I protected the two and killed the bear.