Chapter 21: His

The celebration went on for hours, everyone laughed, ate and danced together through the evening with no stress or hesitation to come and welcome me. I tried to keep to myself mostly, my urge to resume isolation strong from my weeks alone. I kept to the edge of the communal area, Kami staying by my side as I played with Okami.
I can't seem to leave her alone for too long. Her smile brings me so much happiness and I don't want to let her go. I follow as she crawls around on the ground, my hands and knees getting dirty as we explore. My smile hasn't left this entire time as I talk to her and make her laugh as she pulls herself up onto chairs or tables.
She is so beautiful. Her purple hair is thick and straight just like Shin's, but it falls into a style closer to Kami's. With the way it stuck straight up when she was born I was sure that her hair would be identical to her fathers, but as it has grown it falls and frames her face beautifully.
I continue to follow on my hands and knees behind her as we make our way back to her dam, small whines start coming from her as her chubby hands reach out for Kami.
"Is my baby hungry?" Kami coos. He picks her up and nuzzles her neck, but that doesn't satisfy Okami. Her whines turn into cries and Kami gets up to get her some food.
"I can hold her till you get back." I say with a small smile. Kami gives me a thankful smile and hands her over. I giggle at Okami's attempts to reach back to her dam, her back arching in desperation causing me to sit on the ground to make sure I don't drop her.
"Okami, look at me." I coo at her. "Don't look at your dam, look at me. You know you like me more." I rub my nose on her cheek and smile at my feeble attempts to get her attention. She keeps crying and all I can do is bounce her while swaying side to side. "Hey~ don't ignore me. I will give you anything you want, just smile."
"I would say you are a natural, but it looks like you are struggling."
I turn my head and see Shoto and Shin behind me. Shin has a small grin on his face as he reaches for his pup, the pup instantly reaching back as her cries become more pitiful. I hand her over and frown, my failure at getting her happy obvious.
"I used to be able to calm her, but now that I am not her Superior I am no one to her." I say with a sigh. Pups and wolves within a pack are usually comforted by their Superior's soothing pheromones. It is part of the bonding within a pack, it helps Superiors to stay at the top and it is less likely for a wolf to rebell.
"If it makes you feel better, she only likes Kami." Shins says as he scent his pup. Her cries haven't quieted at all, in fact she seemed to be losing her shit faster now that her father is holding her.
"What have they done to you?" I turn to see Kami walking over with a bottle in hand, a teasing smile on his face as he looks at his alpha. He takes Okami into his arms and within seconds, she is suckling away happily.
"Zuku was the one to make her cry." Shin states as he pulls Kami into his arms.
"Way to throw me into the fangs." I whine, rolling my eyes before giggling. We watch Okami for a few minutes, her eyes falling as she goes into a milk coma.
"I'm going to put her down for a nap. Hoshi, will you help me?" Kami says without looking away from his pup.  They start walking away and I hesitate, not knowing what to do.
Shoto turns to me, but seems to be in the same dilemma. It has been a little awkward still between us. I am not sure how to feel with everything still so fresh. We haven't had a real conversation at all, the last time being when I left.
I sigh before walking away, I don't want to force anything. If our relationship is destroyed I would rather not force more pain. I walk away from the party, making my way to the familiar path that leads to Kacchan. Before I can walk past the tree line, I feel a hand pull my shoulder roughly. I am forced to turn and face the wolf behind me. My face going blank as I look at the blond beta before me.
"You should have stayed in isolation!" He growls at me. I furrow my eyebrows and he continues. "An omega like you doesn't belong here. Shoto deserves a true omega, not one that defies the pecking order." He is glaring at me and I can't help but to return the glare.
"What are you talking about?" I state flatly crossing my arms in front of my chest.  
"Shoto already has a potential mate from another pack. It has taken me years to set this up, and I will not have an orphan omega ruin that." My eyes widened as he steps closer to me. There is only a few inches between us, and I can feel the anger falling off him.
Though he is a beta, he is releasing pheromones like an alpha. I am so shocked by the confrontation that I look down, my arms falling to my side as I submit to him. My omega growls at my actions, but I can't get my mind off of what he just said. Shoto already has a potential mate?
"I can't stop the bond now that the ceremony has happened, but you will stay away from him!" He growls right into my ear and it sends a shiver down my spine. I nod my head, my eyes still on the grass below us.
"What are you doing Neito?!"
A gruff voice startles me as I turn my head. Shoto is standing a few feet away with his arms crossed. He is sending the beta a deathly glare causing the blonde to stumble away from me.
"Nothing Superior, I was just talking to Midoriya here. Congratulating him on the new bond." He says flatley, a fake smile plastered on his face.
"That isn't what I heard." Shoto's voice is like ice as he walks closer. "As my Superior Beta, it is inappropriate for you to intervene in a matter that is outside your concern."
He initiates that same stance that the beta had done to me, his pheromones rolling off of him. I take a deep breath and allow my omega to take control to help me ignore the anger. Shoto leans down to Neito's ear, a low growl rattling in his chest.
"You may have a higher status within this pack than Izuku, but remember that I can take that away with a snap of our bond. You are nothing without me, Neito. Remember that the next time you approach my omega." His eyes are dark with anger as he releases another wave of his pheromones. Neito, who was able to defy the pheromones before is quickly bowing his head in submission to his Superior.
"The next time you demand anything from Izuku, I won't hesitate to allow his omega to kill you. He is a Royal, and no royal will be disrespected in my pack." Shoto glances at me, his eyes still in a glare, but there is a softness as we meet gazes.
My omega purrs loudly at the display in front of me. He is aroused by the alpha's dominance and protection for us. I can't help the blush that paints my face, but I don't break the gaze. I know I am releasing arousing pheromones, but at this point I don't care. The way Shoto dominated the beta without any physical contact is hot, and I can't ignore how pleased I am at the way he called me his.
"Leave." Shoto states in a low voice. Neito nods his head and quickly runs away. If he was in his wolf form his tail would be between his legs and the thought brings a smile to my face.
Shoto closed the distance between us, running a hand along my waist as he cradles my cheek with the other. I nuzzle into his touch, closing my eyes as the feeling. He leans down and rests his head against mine. I grip onto the front of his shirt, letting my fingers graze his pecs underneath the fabric. I bring my other hand up to hold onto his bicep. I can barely palm it with how big they are, and that doesn't help the feeling that is overtaking me.
We sit like this for a moment, both of us now content. The interaction saying more than words ever could. Our wolves happy as they can finally be close to one another, and the feeling engulfs us.
"Shoto?" I whisper. I don't want to ruin the moment, but I can't help myself. "Will you kiss me?"
The alpha doesn't reply, he just pulls my chin up and grazes our lips together. I can't help the soft purr that follows as our lips fully connect. I have been wanting this for so long. My desire for this alpha has become hard to ignore now. I want to be his, no, I need to be his omega.
Our kiss is gentle and slow as our lips move together. I feel Shoto nibble my bottom lip and I quickly open my mouth, welcoming him. He pulls me closer in his arms and holds the back of my neck so he can angle my head perfectly. As our tongues dance together, we are still slow and gentle. It's almost like we don't want to scare the other off. It has been so long since we have allowed ourselves to feel our feelings.
It is apparent by our kiss that neither of us want to let go of the other, but the sudden sound of growling and barks draw us away from one another. We turn to the sound and both start rushing toward the communal area.
We are met with some members in wolf form while others have ushered the pups behind them. There are 2 wolves that are growling and baring their fangs at the others. Shoto quickly shifts and lets out a demanding growl. Every wolf stopping and waiting for their Superior to address them.
I shift too and within a moment I am connected to this pack's link, relief flooding me at the feeling of so many wolves connected to me.
"Someone explain this behavior!' Shoto doesn't waste time as he demands his pack to explain.
"Superior." An orange wolf makes her way over to Shoto, she bows his head low. She is the size of a beta, but he seems to be the one incharge of whatever this is.
"Neito and Komori have given us an ultimatum to join them." She states while turning to the two wolves that stand alone.
"Neito, what is this?!" Shoto questions as he makes his way to stand in front of the blond and brunette wolf.
"I refuse to stay in a pack that allows an omega to kill for the sake of killing. That omega tried to kill a wolf that was part of our pack." He growls through the link. "I was fine until you chose favoritism towards him, Shoto. If this omega is to stay, then I refuse to be a part of this pack."
A growl erupts through Shoto. "You know what this means if you take this course of action Nieto!"
Nieto ignores him as he glances over the other members of the pack. "If anyone feels the same, join me."
No one moves as he continues to look at everyone. There is an air of silence with everyone, no one seems to want to be the one to break it.
"Neito, get over yourself. This is ridiculous." The orange wolf states as she walks up to stand next to Shoto.
"Kendo, you have no right to address me anymore. I am tired of your abuse and will refuse you even if you wanted to come." Nieto shakes his head as he turns and starts walking away. The other wolf following close behind, both not even sharing a final glance to us when they walk into the tree line.
Within a few minutes, a member of the patrol confirms that the two have crossed over the territory line and have broken their bond with the pack.
A few wolves start crying as the rest of us are frozen in place. It seems that no one was expecting anything like this to happen. Kendo seems to take it the hardest as she shifts and makes her way to a cabin, tears streaming down her face as she tries to hold back her sobbing. 
I shift as well and make my way to Kami, who is cradling a sleeping Okami and has another pup clinging to his leg. The omega looks at me and his eyes go wide.
"Zuku, don't cry. This is not your fault. They made their decision on their own." He says softly. I bring a hand to my cheek and feel a tear on my fingertips. My throat tightens as I feel guilt crash down on me.
Mina walks up to me and pulls me into a hug. "Izuku, no one blames you for the decisions you made as a Superior." She hums to me. I nod my head but part of me doesn't listen.
It isn't until the smell of Rei enters my nose that I start to relax. She wraps an arm around me and scents me slightly.
"Izuku, you are part of this pack. You are our family and the family supports each other through grief, your form was protecting your pack. No one blames you for that." I nod my head, and take a breath. I say thank you to her and wipe my tears away.
"Everyone is to go to their cabins immediately. No one is allowed to leave until sunrise. We will double patrol for the next week." Shoto states loudly. Everyone nods and starts gathering pups and dispersing.
"Izuku, you can stay with us tonight." Shin says as he pulls Kami into his arms. I shake my head as I smile lightly.
"Thank you, but I will go to Kacchan." I say softly. I can't help but to fall back into the routine I had before. I need a break from so many bodies being around me. It's going to take time for me to get used to this again.
"I will watch over him." Shoto says as he places an arm on my shoulder. Shin nods and guides his mate and pup over to their cabin. I take a deep breath and turn to Shoto.
"Thank you, but you don't have to worry. You don't have a Superior beta anymore, so you shouldn't waste your energy on me." I explain. I don't want to intrude on his obligations, he has to protect his pack and I shouldn't allow my selfish desires to intrude.
"Izuku..." he says with a low hum. "I am not leaving your side."
I nod my head with a smile. Of course he wouldn't listen to me, he hasn't before so I guess I shouldn't expect anything different. I walk close to him, nuzzling into his chest and allow myself to be engulfed in his arms.
"Let's go see Kacchan, but then you are to spend tonight with me." Shoto says into my ear. "I need to keep you safe."
Butterflies flutter in my tummy at his words. I blush lightly and burry my face deeper into his chest as I nod.

Word count: 2685

— Drama! And romance are in the air :) —