Chapter 30: Preparations

I walk as slow as reasonably possible, already knowing Shoto won't be too happy with me when I get back. Waking up without me next to him after what has happened probably wasn't the most pleasant way to start his morning.

uggg, I hope he doesn't rip my head off.

I need to stop running from my problems.

I emerge into the clearing of the village a few moments later. I can already see Shoto sitting on the front porch of the pack house, his elbows resting on his knees as he leans forward. He is scanning the tree line and when he sees me, he is quick to stand and start making his way towards me. Part of me will never get over how gracefully he walks, the confidence he emits and the beauty he holds is breathtaking.

When we are within talking distance of each other I take a breath to talk but he quickly interrupts my intention.

"Bunny!" He closes the space between us hastily and wraps me in his embrace. I freeze only for a moment before melting into him. My omega purring in satisfaction with our contact, his scent filling my nose and calming every nerve.

After a few moments he pulls away slightly and pulls me into a kiss. The flutter my heart does is embarrassing. We have done so many things beyond a kiss, but my body still can't get used to something so simple with my alpha.

"Come, we need to talk." He states before intertwining our hands and guided me back towards the pack house. I follow behind, my mind swarming with confusion. What are we going to talk about?

"Uggg, why am I being forced to stay here? Does no one trust me?" I whine as I make a small bed on the floor of Shin and Kami's cabin.

"With your track record of running off, no, we do not trust you and neither does our Superior." Kami responds while throwing more blankets at me. Okami giggles as some land next to her, making her hair flutter from the breeze they made.

"I won't this time. I promise." I couldn't help but beg again. I really don't want to spend 6 nights in my friend's cabin. I know how loud they are when it comes to their intimate time, and I don't want to have to live through that. Kami's sex drive is on another level, and Shin is not one to back down when given the opportunity.

"Good, you can prove that by staying here." Shin comments from the other room. His voice is a little frustrated, Kami happy with his provided support.

I let out a loud sigh, falling into the blankets that I have made into a little pile. "Fine, but if I can't have sex, neither can you two!"

I hear a snort and look up to see Kami with red cheeks. He has a hand over his mouth while his gaze is looking to the room next to them. I watch as Shin walks out, leaning against the door frame, looking at Kami with a small smile.

"Why? We have a babysitter living with us now, I'm not missing my chance of uninterrupted sex." He drags out the last two words while looking Kami up and down. The look in Shin's eyes is one that I have only seen a few times, and I know there is no convincing him otherwise.

"Hitoshi!!!! I am not a babysitter." I say, defeat in my voice. I push my face into the blankets in desperation. I hum when I feel a small body climb onto my back. Small hands pulling at my shirt to get my attention.

"You're right, you're a god parent. Time for you to put in the hours." I hear Kami say, just before Shin provides more of his gracious opinion.

"You will be a Superior soon, better get used to taking care of pups. Todoroki's pack isn't like ours, the Superior Omega usually helps mates out when they are overwhelmed... That means to allow them to have sex." He says with a hint of excitement in his voice.