Chapter 31: Full moon wish

I laid back in the steaming water, a sigh leaving my lips as the water splashes on the other side of the large tub. The smells of orange, vanilla with oak and rain mixing together in the air. I looked at Shoto, laughing as I watched him stack orange peels on top of each other. He looks up at me and smiles.

The longer I am around him the more I realize how normal he is. Before I thought he was all serious and level headed, but now I can see the playful and passionate person he is underneath all those layers. He hides it very well, but slowly I am learning to read him. It makes me happy how comfortable we have become with one another, no longer hesitant to be our true selves.

"So why exactly are we bathing in this?" I ask while poking some bark that floats by me. The water is a murky color, almost a light brown from the vanilla they poured in here. There are pieces of oranges and oak floating around as well, which I find more entertaining than weird.

"The tradition states that when a couple mates, that the bond forms easier when the two bathe in each other's scents. It helps open the scent glands for the venom to enter faster." He explains as the tower of orange peals falls and makes a little splash.

I giggle a little at his frown and think about what he says. "How would bathing help the glands become more receptive?" I ask with confusion. I can't help it, I have never heard of this and the logic doesn't make a lot of sense.

Shoto shrugs and looks at me. "Does it matter when we get to see each other naked 3 days in a row?"

I laugh at his comment. "Ya, but we aren't supposed to touch each other until we mate." I state, still giggling.

He hums in agreement. "Thats why it shouldn't matter if this tradition is effective. This is the only time I get to see you. Especially like this."

I shake my head in amusement. "You're just horny."

"So, who wouldn't be with you in front of them." The alpha says, motioning his hand to me. "I can barely hold my alpha back from taking you right here and claiming you."

I lean forward, a smirk on my face. "Then what is stopping you?" I tease as I flick water towards him.

I hear a growl come from him and I giggle, leaning back against the side of the tub. "Careful little omega, you shouldn't tease an alpha like that without be ready for the consequences." He declares, a possessive grumble coming from his chest.

I smile at him, lifting my leg out of the water and resting it on my knee. The water laps at my thigh, leaving the rest of my leg to drip small drops and shine in the light. I lean into myself a bit and run my hand from my ankle over my knee and down my thigh until it disappears under the water.

"Are you saying that a dominant alpha like yourself can't resist your urges?" I hum with a hint of a purr as I run my other hand over my shoulder and collarbone gently before letting my nails leave red lines. "Such a shame."

I gasp as water rushes towards me as Shoto suddenly stands up. I reach out a hand and grab the side of the tub to steady myself as the water sloshes me around. I squeal when I feel large hands grab me and pull me to the side.

It takes me a moment for my brain to register that Shoto is sitting where I was and I am straddling him. I am sure my eyes are as big as saucers as I look into bicolored eyes.

"You have a wild tongue, Bunny~" Shoto says, his gaze not breaking as he examines me. "Do I need to tame it?"

I gulp as I stare at him, suddenly not knowing what to do. I see a smile form on his face as he leans closer to me. His cheek brushes against mine and I feel his hand slide down to the base of my back.