Chapter 32: knotted Ribbon

I stand patiently as Uraraka, Mina and Kami help dress me into my ceremony attire. I wear a floor length maroon robe, the top open to show the silver satin that has white lace accents running along the hem. The sash that wraps around my waist is silver with maroon and silver flowers. The clothing becoming more cinched around me to emphasize my omegan body.

The sleeves are long, falling past my hands. My shoes are a soft satin, silver to match the details of my robe. My wavy hair is pinned up to the nape of my neck to show off my unmarked glands, allowing easy access when the time comes for Sho to claim me. The pins are adorned with hand painted flowers or glossy beads.

Kami and Mina fuss over the belt not tying into a perfect bow on my back while Uraraka paints my lips a deep red as a final touch to the light color added to my cheeks. All three are chatting away, laughing and telling me to hold still when I move too much.

I am surprisingly calm as they finish up, my omega eager to get the ceremony started so we can see Shoto. We will meet once I am done, before making our way to the council room to confirm our mating in front of the other Superiors that are witnesses.

"Alright Izu, you are all done." Mina claps happily as she walks in front of me. Uraraka occupies herself with the hem of my robe to ensure that I don't pull or step on the fabric as I walk to the large mirror that leans against the wall.

I can see tears in Kami's eyes as he looks at me, a small smile showing how happy he is. I pull him into my side, hugging him close as we look at the beautiful attire. Both of us release happy pheromones as Mina and Uraraka clean up.

Kami clears his throat, looking at the other two for a moment. "Do you mind if I have a moment with Zuku?" The two girls shake their heads, giving me hugs before they leave to wait with the rest of the clan.

We stand in silence for a minute as Kami takes deep breaths to keep himself from crying. His cheeks turn a rosy pink as his eyes become glassy. I wait patiently, not wanting to rush him, but turn my attention away when the door opens. Shin walks in, a smile on his face when he sees me. His steps falter a little as he approaches me.

"You look stunning, Zuku." He whispers, pulling me into a hug. A small thank you leaves me as I embrace him. I am happy Kami asked for a moment for us to be alone, to allow our small group to be together before we fully integrate into our new home.

"Umm..." Kami hesitantly interrupts. "Zuku, today will be full of traditions that we are not accustomed to." He says, his voice becoming wobbly.

"We wanted you to have at least one tradition from our birth pack." He continues, a tear slipping down his cheek. I furrow my eyebrows as I see Shin reach into his pocket.

I gasp slightly when I see the thick ribbon in his hand. I can feel my throat tighten as I nod my head, turning around so Shin can place it around my neck. In our first pack there was a tradition that the parents of the omega that was about to be mated off would place a ribbon on their pups neck.

It is a symbol of the last amount of protection for their pup. The ribbon can only be removed by the mate that will claim their pup and create the permanent bond. Thus showing their support for the mating.

I feel the fabric tighten around my neck, my fingers coming up to touch the fabric. Because my parents are present for my mating, they cannot support this next step in my life. I shouldn't have been able to have this tradition done, but my throat tightens and my heart pounds as Kami and Shin silently take the role for me. Showing their support.

They are letting me experience the one tradition that every omega has in our birth pack. Even though I am a royal and I am the one to protect, it is my pack showing that I too deserve to be protected and be shown support.