Chapter 25: Rabbit and Hound

Everyone is called to the center of the communal area. Most of the Todoroki pack seating themselves surround the area to watch the activities and enjoy the food. All the wolves that came from the visiting packs have paired up with someone. In total there are 14 of us as we stand in a circle.

The first game we are playing is one of my favorites. It is usually used to initiate contact so that there isn't awkwardness. We quickly run forward and try to grasp random hands that are fumbling in the center. Giggles and shouts echo through the clearing in response to the chaos.

The rules are simple: no one can grab the hand of someone next to them or give the same person both hands. As a result we are all tangled together and a giggling mess Our goal is to now untangle the human knot without letting go of anyone's hands.

We all laugh as people twist and contort themselves around each other. This game requires a lot of physical contact with one another, so it is one of the best icebreakers between packs.

I end up holding a blonde alpha's hand from one of the visiting packs and the short purple haired beta that Kacchan had talked to, I think her name was Jirou.

I watch as Shoto has to twist around and then climb under a set of arms and around another. Everyone giggles as he clumsily makes his way through before fully being separate from the knot, his hands still clasping two others.

I wait until directed, slowly climb through 2 arms, the process making me blush like crazy as I have to press my chest against Mina's. She giggles at my shy behavior and kisses my cheek as I pass, making me gasp before skirting through faster. I can see from my peripheral Shoto smiling at me as everyone laughs.

It takes about 15 minutes for us to fully untangle back into a circle. Some wolves are already flirting with one another as we wait for the next game. I watch as Mina flirts with Kirishima, a smile forming as I see them giggling and gently touching each other's arms.

Shoto walks up beside me and we exchange smiles. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my head.

"You did very well." I say with a laugh, my hands resting on top of his arm. "Not too clumsy. I would give you a b+ overall." I hear him smirk and I imagine him rolling his eyes.

"I would give you an A, though Mina kissing you is only worth extra credit." He says with a light tone. I punch his arm lightly as we both laugh.

"Alright," Iida yells over us with Ochaco smiling next to him. His new authority in the pack placed him in charge of the event. Though he is an alpha, he has taken the Superior Beta role with Shoto's full trust. Since Shoto is a dominant alpha, there wasn't much of an issue since he still has superiority over Iida.

"We are going to start the next game. Please have your partner next to you as my mate hands you each a feather." He directs as he gives his omega a loving smile.

Ochaco quickly makes her way to each couple with feathers. I look at Shoto curiously. He smiles before nodding to Iida, indicating that he will explain. Shoto is handed a red feather and Ochacco gives me a wink before skipping to the next couple.

"This game requires you and your partner to keep the feather afloat while not touching it. If the feather falls to the ground you lose." The alpha states matter of factly. Everyone nods as we each turn to our partner.

"So we just blow it into the air?" I ask Shoto. He nods at me before pulling me close to him, our bodies only a few inches apart. I blush a little and look at the members of the pack watching us along the outside. I notice Rei watching us, her smiling huge as she talks with another wolf.

"Have you never played?" Shoto asks. I shake my head in response, my cheeks flushing a deeper red as I look back at him. He chuckles at me before holding the feather over our heads. I only come up to Shoto's chest, so this seems like it will mostly be him keeping the feather up.