Chapter 26: Motherly Love

I walk up to Kacchan's resting spot as the sun begins to set. The red ribbon wrapped around my wrist, I haven't taken it off since Shoto tied it there. I should be making my way to the bonfire to meet him, but I needed to talk with my best friend first.

I kneel in front of the tree with his K engraved into it. The grass has grown over the dirt making it look like my friend was never here.

"Hey Kacchan," I say, a small smile on my face. "I wish you were here today. Okami is starting to walk and is crawling everywhere, Shin is losing his mind about it." I let out a shaky breath mixed with a quiet laugh.

"I know I am always here, but I just need my best friend right now." I can feel a tear fall down my face and I quickly wipe it away. "You are missing so much, I wish you were here."

I sit there for a moment as I try to hold back my tears. "Umm, I came because I wanted to tell you that I am ready to progress my relationship with Sho. I have fallen for him, even though I have tried not to. I know you didn't like him, but he makes me feel so..." I take a deep breath.

"I'm not asking for permission cause I know you will say no." A few more tears fall freely as I laugh. "I just wanted to let you know that you could never be replaced."

I allow myself to cry as all the emotions come forward. I don't stop them, I don't have the desire too anymore. I stare at the K until my sobs have become quiet and my tears have run dry.

"I thought I would find you here." I smile at Shoto's voice, the sound brings happiness to my omega in sadness we share for our friend.

He kneels next to me and bows to show his respects to my friend. "Are you going to bed early?" He asks, taking a look towards me.

"No, I just needed to talk to Kacchan." I say with a small smile. He nods as we look at the tree. I reach for his hand and he gives it without hesitation, our finger intertwining.

"I wish you could have known him better. Though he probably would keep up the act of hating you." I say with a chuckle.

"Me too, but I could have broken him down. We would have become great friends." He says with sincerity.

"Do you want to know the nicknames he gave you?" I ask, turning to him.

He raises an eyebrow and nods.

I lift my head to look up, bringing my finger to my chin. "Well there was Icyhot bastard, half n half, two toned ice cube and my favorite, candy cane." I say as we laugh together.

"Wow, that many in 4 days?" He asks between his laughs.

I nod, thinking back to all the time he said the nicknames. "He was very good at giving people nicknames, though you're the first to have so many."

"Should I be proud?"

I hum in response. I wish fate was different. I hope in my next life I can rejoin my friend, to run with him through the trees and laugh like we used to. What I would do to have one more day with him.

After a few minutes we slowly got up. I say my goodbyes to Kacchan, before we start walking through the trees, our hands intertwined together.

"Sho?" I ask.

He hums, and shifts his head towards me to let me know he is listening. I take a breath before asking my question.

"D-do you want to spend the night with me tonight?" I can feel my face flush red as the words leave my mouth. "I-in my cabin, I mean." Shoto turns to me, a little shock on his face before smiling.

"Of course." He replies softly.

We arrived at the bonfire. Many of the couples from earlier sitting next to each other either holding hands or cuddling. I can't help but smile at Mina is wrapped up in Kirishima's arms, they look so cute together. I wave at the alpha when he looks at me, he smiles back but redirects his attention back to Mina as she talks excitedly about something.