Chapter 5: Pheromones

I'm running as fast as I can through the trees towards the howl, allowing myself to use some of my quirk to propel myself forward. I can feel the dominant alfa right behind me as he catches up to me. I growl as he gets too close for my liking and he quickly adds more space between us. 

I use more of my quirk, the green lightning caressing over my green fur as I leap over a fallen tree. The momentum springing me forward pulling distances between me and the alpha. Within seconds I was far in front of him.

"Shin!" I yell through the pack bond

"Zuku?!" I hear in return. I can feel my heart swell with joy at the sound of his voice.

"I'm almost to you." I state as I hear growls not far ahead of me.

I jump through the trees, seeing the dark purple wolf that is my friend crouched down in a defensive stance. He is surrounded by wolves, all of them baring their teeth in a threatening manner towards him. I jump over a few wolves, quickly find myself enveloped in angry alpha pheromones as I land next to the Alpha of my pack.

The pheromones are not hard to ignore, my omega getting annoyed at the wolves around us for causing such a stink. I start releasing angry pheromones as I growl at the wolves around us. The wolves closest to me whining as they slowly bow their heads unwillingly into submission to me.

I raise my head higher as I allow my pheromones to cloak the entire area. Even Shinso starts whining behind me at the amount of pheromones I am letting out, but he stays close to me.

Within seconds all the wolves around us start backing away trying to get away from me. I glance at Shin. He is on the ground, throat exposed to me in a submissive manner. Pain evident on his face as his alpha tries to defy my pheromones. The whines leaving him hurt my heart and I started calming down.

"I'm sorry Shin." I state as I lick his ear, trying to sooth my friend. He sighs in relief as a cool breeze blows through the trees, disturbing my scent.

A loud growl resonates behind me and I quickly turn, ready to fight and defend my pack member. But I am taken aback as I see a large white and red wolf forcing his pack away from me and Shin. I quickly straighten myself as I gaze at him, allowing my small frame to take up as much space as possible.

I can feel Shinso slowly getting behind me to guard my blind spots as I direct my attention to the large wolf. The bicolored alfa turns to me before shifting back to his human form, slowly approaching me.

"I'll handle this." I state to Shin before shifting as well.

"My apologies for my pack's behavior. Your pack member has a lot of rogue blood on him, they mistook him for one of them." I nod in understanding as I turn toward the alpha behind me. His fur is matted down with blood, and I can't help wondering what he had to deal with alone.

"I understand the apprehension, and no hard feelings have been made." I say as I look back at the bicolored Alpha.

I know Shinso reacted the way he did because of Kami. We are close to the spot where we had rested yesterday and I can still smell some of the scent imprinted in the foliage. He must have picked up on Kami's distress pheromones and charged over the territory line.

"You may also join your pack in the cabin we provided." The bicolored Alpha states as he motions for us to walk back to the village. I nod in response as I start walking toward the cabin, Shinso close behind me.

"Kami!" Shinso shouts as he walks through the door, tears apparent in his eyes.

"Hoshi?" The omega quickly sits up in his nest, his eyes already releasing tears as he sees his mate. The two quickly embrace each other. The alpha carefully staying outside of the nest until he has permission to enter, as he tries to get as close as possible to his mate.