Chapter 30- (teaser)

(This is a teaser of what is yet to come in chapter 30 and more , the drama, smut and truth is so close I can taste it)

Imani's POV

I walked in the corridor leading up to Xaela's room, I was nervous. What if I got in there and she's dead or is dying. I can't handle that right, she needs to raise her daughter. I stood at the door hearing muffled voices, I sighed with my fist hovering over the door. I'm guessing that was the doctors talking on the other side.

Meanwhile on the other side of the door

Xaela's POV

"Okay Miss chef lady, your chicken was unseasoned and dry as fuck but because i'm black I'll help you. I mean I know you're cooking for people with high blood pressure and shit but a little salt ain't gon send them into cardiac arrest."

"Yes Miss Cohen, is that all you called me up here for?" I heard a hit of irritation in her voice, not my fault they chicken was a pasty white and tasted like cardboard. I waved her off and heard her mumble 'bitch'.

"I might be a in hospital bed but I can still fuck you up." She was about to turn around when I started blabbering again.

"Aht don't look back I might into stone Medusa looking a-." The door burst open and I saw the woman I loved.

Imani walked over to me in disbelief, she gently touched my face as if I would shatter under her touch, "Oh my love, please don't ever leave me again." She hugged me tightly, I closed my eyes savoring the touch I've longed for the most. My heart monitor sped up as I melted into her warm embrace.