Chapter 28

[edited]

„...and here should be the scarlet eyes", I pointed at a room on the map and looked at the others. For some odd reason the group found that some sort of leader was necessary and because Ash said, that they think I was giving leader vibes, I sorta was now. I rubbed my hurting temples. „Got it", I asked and looked up at the group, that was gathered around the round table.  „Say, what do you need the scarlet eyes for?" Rego asked and I rolled my eyes at him. „As far as I'm aware, is this none of your business. We're all here for our own reasons.", I answered coldly and gave him a strict look. He rolled his eyes as well, for some reason we didn't get along.

I turned to the small box on the table and pulled out some headsets and walkie-talkies. „So modern", Ash snickered while grabbing a headset and walker-talkie, then they walked off into the office. „Can we start now?" Bresh asked impatiently and turned to the door to leave the mansion. I nodded, grabbed a headset and walkie-talkie as well and followed Bresh outside and to the car. We both took place in the backseat, while Miarla sat behind the wheel and Rego next to her. The seat sunk in a little as Kurapika sat down next to me, then the car started. „I must say, you're making a pretty good leader", he whispered a small smile making its way to his lips. I sighed. „I hate it", I whispered into his ear, so no one would hear us, Kurapika didn't respond, instead he grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze. I had to smile a bit. „I missed that, you should smile more often", I turned a bright red, but somehow managed to roll my eyes. I puffed out my cheeks. „And you're the one to talk", I said bitterly and Kurapika chuckled quietly.

——

„Ash? Are you ready", I asked the hacking hunter trough my headset and I could hear them hum in respond. „Good, okay, then you can turn it all off, give us about an hour, then we're out, if not we'll tell you." I told them, while staring at the big gate in front of us. „Everyone got the plan?" I asked and the others all nodded, Ash giving me a: „Yessir!" as confirmation. „Good, then turn it off", and with that the whole alarm system went out and we could easily sneak inside, I walked straight to the bedroom, Bresh was following close behind. He easily opened the door with his nen and we could sneak inside.

Two laying figures were on the bed, one of them woke up in alert as they sensed our nen, we didn't hide it on purpose, so the mission would be easier. The woman was groping to the gun on the nightstand, aiming at me, missing my head, she shot again, this time she didn't miss and shot me into the shoulder.

I could've dodged it, if I wasn't too focused on manipulating her husband, so he wouldn't hear us, then if he would, the whole plan would be messed up and fail.

We wanted this all to look like a suicide, but before the woman kills herself, she kills her husband, that were the strict instructions of our client. The camera would film the whole thing, so the client wouldn't get suspected. So I ended up calling the wife the day before, manipulating her through the phone, what was a lot more difficult than I thought, but it worked at the end and I gave her a keyword, she'd be killing her husband as soon the alarm system would go on again. No one would notice, then the missing parts of the cameras, would easily get changed by Ash's nen.

I groaned in pain and held my hurting shoulder. „Fucking hell", I hissed and clutched my shoulder, feeling how blood trickled trough my fingers. „Shit, say the keyword", I ordered Bresh, because I had forgotten it due the pain, while I was ripping some cloth of my white shirt, wrapping the peace of cloth around my shoulder, so non if my blood would end up on the floor, I wiped my hand on my ripped shirt, looking up at the now sleeping frame of the woman. „Thanks", I said to Bresh and we quickly left the house.