Chapter 1 | Disbanded

Today was just another day in the BLACKPINK house, nothing was really going on. It has been like this since the start of 2021. BLACKPINK have not released any songs since their last EP of Lovesick Girls. This means that the girls Jisoo Jennie Rosé and Lisa have literally nothing to do apart from chill at home. Life was very boring for Rosé lately, there was nothing up for her. As for the other girls? Jennie has recently came back from Paris for a Chanel event, Jisoo is busy filming a new drama series for JTBC and Lisa was busy doing her own endorsements. Rosé was the only one with nothing to do during this period.

Currently, Rosé and the girls was chilling in the dorm watching some TV. Nothing was really happening until the manager showed up to the dorm. This was not a good sign for the girls, when the manager shows up, usually something is about to happen. Either a comeback or some promotion stuff.

"Afternoon girls, the boss has something to tell you guys. Get changed we need to go to the office now" the manager said.

It has been a long time since the girls have visited the YG office and they were all very excited at the prospect of a potential comeback. It felt like years since BLACKPINK last released a song and the girls can't wait go back to making music again. However, whilst the girls was being excited about the prospect of a potential comeback, the YG boss Hwang Bo Kyung had other ideas for BLACKPINK.

As the girls arrived at the boss's office they quickly took a seat and prepared to receive what they think was exciting news. However, the news that they would be receiving is completely different to what they expected.

"Girls, thank you for taking some time from your schedules and attending this meeting today" Hwang Bo Kyung started.

"There's something I need to tell you girls. Because of budget cuts and everything happening to the company lately. All the scandals and lawsuits, unfortunately we are going to have to disband BLACKPINK." Hwang Bo Kyung continued.

"I'm very sorry girls" as he finished his announcement.

At this moment, all the girls were very shocked about the news. Just as they thought they were going to make a comeback, they got the news that they were going to get disbanded. They couldn't believe what they just heard. Jennie suddenly spoke up in the situation try to see if there was any other options.

"Is there any other options, we don't want to disband. We want to continue making music" Jennie asked.

"Unfortunately Jennie, we just can't afford your contracts anymore. I'm really sorry." Hwang Bo Kyung replied.

"It was really nice having you girls here producing all the amazing music over the years, but like everything good things need to come to an end and today is the end of BLACKPINK with YG. It wasn't an easy decision but it was something that corporate has decided so there's no going back from that. I'm really sorry but it has been a please working with you girls" Hwang Bo Kyung added.

"It was a pleasure working with YG Entertainment too" the girls greeted as they left the office, still very shocked about the news they just heard.

It didn't take long for the world to receive this shock about one of the Korea's top girl group BLACKPINK disbanding, and very soon everyone was reading about the news on their electronic gadgets.

Like the girls, the public was shocked about the news regarding one of the biggest girl group in South Korea but there was nothing that the public could do. Most of the BLINKS were left disappointed and angry about how YG Entertainment handled the situation. 

The girls themselves were disappointed as well, they have been together making music and doing what they enjoyed for all these years. But now it has came to an end. After the meeting at the office, the girls returned to their dorm and started to tidy up. 

This was it, this was the end of BLACKPINK. After everything they have been through and done together, eventually it has come to an end. All four of the girls were disappointed, but they know there was nothing they could do. The only thing they could do was accept the fact that BLACKPINK has came to an end and cherish all the moments they have spent together. 

Once they have packed everything, they gave each other one last hug.

"Girls, before we leave. Can I just say I have had an amazing time working with you all" Rosé said as they broke the hug.

"Yeah me too, it was nice. But I guess this is it" Jisoo said.

"I hope we will cross paths again soon" Jennie added.

"Yah, stop being so pessimistic about everything. When god closes a door he opens a window. I'm sure we will cross paths again very soon, after all we're friends and friends are forever" Lisa cheered everyone up.

"Friends forever" the four girls all said in unison before they went their separate ways.

It really was a dark day for the K-POP industry. BLACKPINK, the girl group that debuted in 2016 took the world and revolutionised the K-POP industry has disbanded at the start of 2022. This has left the public a lot of questions about the future for the girls. Whilst all of them have their own secondary jobs outside the K-POP industry. Jisoo filming Snow Drop for JTBC and her acting career, Jennie with her modelling career with Rosé and Lisa both recently going solo. There were some ideas and suggestions that Jisoo will be an actor, Jennie will be a model and Rosé will stay in the music industry with Lisa. But there were still a lot of questions regarding what the girls will be up to in the long term. 

Truth is, whilst the public was questioning about the future of the girls, the girls themselves don't even know what is next for them. They were too focused on their idol career in the past that they didn't really think about this day at all. It is going to be interesting as the girls embark on a new journey outside their idol life......