Chapter 24 | Losing The Dressing Room

The club was at a mess following the failure to take all three points against a struggling Sevilla team. The atmosphere in the dressing room was not nice and the team spirits were low. Ernesto Valverde is slowly losing the dressing room, something needs to change. The team he was deploying might have worked against teams like Elche but it didn't work against Rayo Vallecano and Sevilla. Something needs to be changed in the tactics, because it was not a solution to continue playing like this. Ander Herrera's red card against Sevilla was not helping the case as well. The players were losing trust in the manager and the board are losing faith in the manager as well.

Training sessions were starting to be less intense, not because of the training plans but instead it was because the players are losing trust in the manager so they are not putting as much effort into training. Ernesto Valverde was in high risk of getting sacked and he was losing the dressing room with many players turning their back on him. This needs to change and if Ernesto Valverde wanted to keep his job, he needs to solve the dressing room atmosphere as soon as possible.

"Ernesto, the president of the club Miss Park would like to see you in her office" Mikel Gonzalez approached Ernesto Valverde after training.

It wasn't looking good for the manager under pressure. Especially when the club president would like to have a word with the manager. This usually means that Ernesto is very close to getting sacked. Reluctantly, Ernesto Valverde bravely headed towards Rosé's office prepared with his mind thinking that he is going to be sacked very soon.

"I'm here to see president Park" Ernesto Valverde greeted Rosé's secretary outside the big office.

"Miss Park, Ernesto Valverde is here" Rosé's secretary brought Ernesto Valverde into the room.

Ernesto Valverde followed Rosé's secretary into the room, the atmosphere in the office was a little bit tense but weirdly Rosé was not in a strict mood. At least her face doesn't look like she's about to sack the manager of her club.

"Miss Park, you wanted to see me?" Ernesto Valverde asked nervously.

"Please, have a seat" Rosé replied with a smile.

With that, Ernesto Valverde sat down, still nervous about what was going to happen. Deep down, Ernesto knew he was in trouble, he was about to get sacked and even with Rosé smiling at him it doesn't really take any nerves away. It was a serious matter.

"Here's the thing. Ernesto, I don't really know anything about football so I don't know what is happening with the team. But what I know is that we aren't getting the results we wanted, there are not enough wins. I just wanted to know what's happening" Rosé asked.

"Well, all I have to say is that I will try my best to fix this situation. You have my word for it Miss Park" Ernesto Valverde replied.

"I don't want your word for it, I want explanations" Rosé said back to Ernesto Valverde.

The truth was, he was losing the dressing room. The players are unhappy about his treatment to Y/N and was causing problems and therefore not getting results on the pitch. Ernesto Valverde know that, Rosé know that as well after Mikel Gonzalez told him everything about the situation. 

Despite Rosé promised you that she won't get involved and ask for more game time, she did. The fact that you are not playing is directly leading to the results that the team are getting on the pitch, which is the main reason that Rosé was stepping into this situation and try to turn things around for you and the club.

"The truth is, the players are not happy that I'm not giving Y/N a chance to change the game. Y/N is a good footballer but I just didn't want to upset the fans because the fans hate him. I'm confident that the club doesn't need Y/N and can still get the results we wanted, but if we don't I will change try my best to change things around" Ernesto Valverde replied.

"I mean I would like to see Y/N play more games, but at the end of the day you are the manager so I'll just let you be. But if things doesn't turn around in the near future I will be forced to make changes" Rosé replied putting a little bit of pressure on Ernesto Valverde's shoulders.

If Ernesto Valverde wasn't feeling the pressure of being sacked before, he sure was feeling them now.

"Well, that's everything. You may go now" Rosé said ending the meeting.

"Thank you, see you around Miss Park" Ernesto Valverde said as he stood up and headed for the door.

"Remember, changes" Rosé said right before Ernesto Valverde walked out the door of her office.

Ernesto Valverde left Rosé's office with a lot of pressure on him. Despite Rosé smiling at Ernesto Valverde at the start of the season, Rosé also put a lot of pressure on Ernesto Valverde throughout the meeting. Demanding changes and better results. These things were not impossible but it will be a little bit difficult. Especially when the team are currently in a slump and team spirits are low. There is a saying in football that a happy squad is a winning squad, but now the squad aren't healthy which is why Bilbao are struggling to get the results that they should be getting in games lately. 

The first thing that Ernesto Valverde has to change is the dressing room atmosphere. He was losing it, he knew that he was losing it but there was nothing he could do about it. It wasn't just one or two players unhappy about the situation with Y/N, the whole squad was unhappy and even influential players like Raul Garcia are unhappy about how Ernesto Valverde is dealing with the Y/N situation. Y/N really deserves more game time, and he is one of the key players in the squad that can turn losses to draws and draws to wins but Ernesto Valverde just didn't want to play him.

Now Ernesto Valverde really face a big problem, his job was at risk. Rosé demanded changes and demanded better results and getting them was not an easy thing to do. If he doesn't get the results soon and the slump continues, Ernesto Valverde will face the sack.