Chapter 5 | Suwon World Cup Stadium

As Rosé approached Suwon World Cup Stadium, she was surprised at the amount of people walking into the stadium. Everyone was wearing blue and was holding some sort of scarf that have blue and white stripes on it. Little did she know, this was the official colours of Suwon Samsung Bluewings, the team that Rosé was going witness play soon. 

"This must be a very big game" Rosé thought to herself as she joined the crowd and entered the stadium. 

Without any warning at all, Rosé found herself sat with a bunch of football ultras. Everyone in the section was wearing the Suwon Samsung Bluewings shirt and holding up banners to support the team. Rosé was the only one who wasn't wearing blue and didn't have a scarf that has blue and white stripes on it. She felt a little bit uncomfortable as she was the odd one out in the group. However, this feeling was about to be eliminated when the players came out the tunnel signalling the game was minutes away from kicking off.

Rosé has no idea about football so she just decided to follow what everyone else who was sat near her. Standing up when everyone was stood up and cheering when everyone was cheering. Once the ball was rolling, Rosé was more interested in what was happening on the pitch than the atmosphere in the stadium. She never thought football could be this interesting, never thought how a sport that was only 22 people chasing one ball could be this exciting and this tactical. She realised that football was more than just kicking a ball around.

Meanwhile On The Pitch......

You were ready for your big moment. An 18 year old South Korean attacker who recently broke into the Suwon Samsung Bluewings first team was prepared to receive his first experience in the Suwon World Cup Stadium. Despite only being on the bench for this game and still waiting to make your debut, you were very excited to be involved in the first team. 

The media has described you as a promising player who is poised to be South Korea's next big thing. Not only local media, but even Sky Sports have dipped their finger into writing brief articles about you. With great potential comes great pressure, and there was no hiding the fact that this is going to be your moment. The first time you got your name onto the first team team sheet.

62nd Minute

It wasn't looking good for Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Suwon were 1-0 down against their bitter rivals Suwon FC. Manager Lee Byung Keun was running out of ideas. The manager looked to the bench to see what he could do to change the game. Suddenly he realised he has his secret weapon, Y/N. The home grown academy player who tore up the under 17s World Cup couple years ago for South Korea. 

Lee Byung Keun quickly shouted "Y/N, get ready. We're bringing you on"

You were shocked at what you just heard. The team was going to bring you on at this pivotal point of the game. You weren't sure if you were ready to make your professional debut yet but nevertheless this is a once in a lifetime chance. Without complaining, you jumped straight off your seat in the dugout and started warming up before getting dressed. Moments later you were stood on the touchline with the fourth official, ready to come onto the pitch.

As Y/N stood on the touchline the stadium announced "Substitution for the Bluewings, coming off the pitch number 8 Elvis Saric and coming onto the pitch number 32 Y/N"

It wasn't a great reception for Y/N as the crowd was showing their frustration that their team are chasing a goal and taking off their star player for some promising youngster. Everyone around Rosé were moaning about what the manager has done which has left Rosé very puzzled.

"Why are you taking off our best player?" one fan said

"Y/N might be good in the under 17 World Cup, but I think this is too big of a risk" the second fan said.

Rosé didn't know what was going on, but from what she heard from people around her she understood that Y/N was an upcoming star. 

90th+2 Minute

The end of the game was coming near and you were still yet to make an impact. The only contribution that you made was dribbled past some players down the wing, no end product. The fans in the stadium were frustrated and it looks like Suwon FC are going to take the victory. 

With the Suwon FC players slowing down to see out the game, it gave you more chances to be on the ball. Once you got the ball, you didn't give up. Charging down the right hand side of the wing and cutting inside beating a few players in the course of doing so. You were in the zone, you didn't care what the score was. You kept your head down and beat one more opponent before setting up the shot. As the ball left your boot, you knew it was a perfect shot. Left foot finesse shot straight to the top corner. The goalkeeper could only watch the ball strike the back of the net as the whole stadium cheered for the equaliser.

At that moment, Rosé didn't know what happened. All she saw was a player demonstrating good skills and scored a very good goal. She stood up and cheered like everyone else did. She couldn't believe what she has just experienced, it was probably one of the most exciting things she has experienced since her debut with BLACKPINK.

Full Time: Suwon Samsung Bluewings 1-1 Suwon FC