Chapter 30 | Absolutely Thrashed

Once again, you felt like the villain of the team. Failing to finishing off the chance that would get Athletic Club Bilbao the three points away at Getafe. Not only you felt like you were the one who was at fault for the draw, but the fans were as well. You continued to get online abuse from the fans. It was safe to say that the fans does not like you at all are are pin pointing your mistake and magnifying them. Even the mistake where you lost the ball in the midfield for the Getafe goal was being talked about a lot on social media. Every comment on there were negatives and the fans seemed to really hate you.

Rosé was reading all the negative comments about you online and was getting more and more worried about you. She tried to reach out to you to see how you were doing and see if you were affected by these comments. However, she couldn't reach you, all you were was just telling her that you were doing alright through text. You didn't have time to respond to her worries as the next game away against FC Barcelona at Camp Nou was right around the corner.

This was the big game, the game that was going to be the toughest to play. Away against FC Barcelona at their home the Camp Nou. It was one of the toughest place to visit and to take a point away from Camp Nou is not going to be easy.

First Half

11th Minute

FC Barcelona are a dangerous team, especially with their front three that could break at a very fast pace. Pedri lays the ball off to the right flank which saw Ousmane Dembele running down freely. Cutting back into his favoured left foot, Ourmane Dembele tried his luck at a shot which thankfully was saved by goalkeeper Unai Simon. Parrying the ball towards the other side, Robert Lewandowski was the player who took the loose ball and played a cross into the box. Ousmane Dembele then made a smart run into the box out jumping Oscar de Marcos and directed the cross towards the bottom corner of the goal, completely beating out Unai Simon. Camp Nou celebrated as Barcelona took an early lead. It was shaping up to be a very tough game.

FC Barcelona 1-0 Athletic Club Bilbao

18th Minute

This new FC Barcelona era meant that FC Barcelona won't stop attacking, straight after they scored the first goal, the Catalonian team were looking for a second goal already. It was clear that this is going to be a very tough game for Athletic Club Bilbao. Playing out from the back, FC Barcelona somehow found Sergi Roberto running down the right hand side of their pitch. Alex Berenguer tried his best to track back and chase down Sergi Roberto, but the FC Barcelona right back was just too quick. Laying the ball off to Ousmane Dembele, it seemed like this attack is going to end up in the back of the net. Sergi Roberto made the underlap run and Ousmane Dembele spotted the run, threading a through ball into the box for Sergi Roberto who takes the shot. During all this build up, you somehow found yourself inside the box, and as Sergi Roberto took on the shot, you slid into the shot path to try to block the shot. Unluckily, you deflected the ball which caught Unai Simon out completely and all the Spanish number one could do was watch the ball creep into his front post. You held your head in your hands as you plant you face into the floor disappointed that you scored an own goal. You wondered what the fans are going to say now online. Sergi Roberto didn't care on the other hand as he celebrated his goal.

FC Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Club Bilbao

22nd Minute

It was very poor on the left hand side of Athletic Club Bilbao's play. FC Barcelona has completely dominated the game and straight after the second goal, the home side were trying to find a third down the right hand side of their team. Jules Kounde lays it off to Sergi Roberto who releases Ousmane Dembele down the right hand side. Using a bit of trickery, the French winger disposes Athletic Club Bilbao left back Yuri Berchiche and was running with acres of space in front of him. Cutting infield, Ousmane Dembele made use of his body and darted past Inigo Martinez, before playing a pass into the box for Robert Lewandwoski. Turning away from Oscar de Marcos, Robert Lewandowski was facing the goalkeeper and the Polish striker just doesn't miss if he was presented a chance like this. Striking the ball cleanly, Robert Lewandowski gave FC Barcelona a three goal advantage as the ball struck the top corner, way beyond Unai Simon's reach. It was pretty much FC Barcelona's day so far.

FC Barcelona 3-0 Athletic Club Bilbao

Half Time

It was an absolutely shambolic first half from the Basque based side. Things needs to change, the whole team was playing poorly and was dominated by FC Barcelona. Especially on the left hand side of the defence. Alex Berenguer and Yuri Berchiche just can't seem to contain Ousmane Dembele and Sergi Roberto, they were a deadly duo. Ernesto Valverde decided that the left hand side of the Athletic Club Bilbao defence needed more protection which meant that you, despite playing as a free roam attacking midfielder would have to help out on defending and containing Ousmane Dembele. It was the final roll of the dice, and to crawl back 3 goals in the second half wasn't easy. There were still 45 minutes of football to play and anything could happen in that 45 minutes.

Second Half

72nd Minute

The changes Ernesto Valverde made didn't work. Not only did FC Barcelona continued to successfully attack down the left hand side of the Athletic Club Bilbao defence, with you now having to attend defensive duties meant that Athletic Club Bilbao has lost the attacking threat. You were constantly in the defensive areas trying to help win the ball back or marking Ousmane Dembele. You weren't out in the final third making things happen. Even worse, FC Barcelona continued attacking down that side with Ousmane Demebele once again carrying the ball running down the wing. Passing a ball that basically cut opened the Athletic Club Bilbao back 4, Ferran Torres was on the receiving end of this through ball and quickly reacted with a shot that went through the legs of Unai Simon and scoring the fourth goal of the night. If Camp Nou wasn't in a celebratory mood before this goal, they certainly were now. The FC Barcelona fans were in absolute dreamland as they watch their team score four past Athletic Club Bilbao.

FC Barcelona 4-0 Athletic Club Bilbao

Full Time

It was an absolutely disastrous game for Athletic Club Bilbao, an absolute thrashing by FC Barcelona. Nobody was happy or was in the mood to speak on the way back. The fans of the club were furious about this result and they weren't afraid to once again take to social media to pin point how bad their beloved club played in the 4-0 thrashing by FC Barcelona.