𝟎𝟗 § 𝑾𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔

"Yeah, work was the same as always," Yeonjun replied, holding his cell phone to his ear, occasionally tucking it between his ear and shoulder to look for something in the kitchen

"Yeah, work was the same as always," Yeonjun replied, holding his cell phone to his ear, occasionally tucking it between his ear and shoulder to look for something in the kitchen. Then, grabbing a spoon from the drawer and a yogurt from the fridge, he headed back toward the sofa. His mother had called, again to see how her son was doing. After all, it had now become a habit for her to call and especially to see her son's boyfriend.

"Will you come to see me again?" his mother asked.

"Yeah, maybe I'll come by with Beomgyu again," he said, flopping down on the sofa. "Maybe Wednesday after work."

His mother gave a soft exclamation. "Oh! Then you could pick up Beomgyu too, because he's coming over again on Wednesday. Didn't he tell you?" she asked in surprise.

"Oh, no, I didn't know that," Yeonjun said in surprise. He tried to remember if Beomgyu had told him, but he definitely hadn't. Thoughtfully, he shoveled some of the yogurt into his mouth. "What are you doing?"

A short laugh was heard on the other end of the line. "Your friend really wanted to learn how to cook Ramyeon."

Still?

After all, Beomgyu had really spent a lot of time already with Yeonjun's mother. "Didn't he already?" he asked in wonder, setting the yogurt on the table and rising from the sofa. He strolled over to the refrigerator and yanked it open to see what was in the boxes.

"Yeonjun, there are many more dishes than just Ramyeon. You two can't eat the same thing all the time!" the older woman chided in a surprisingly motherly tone. "We cooked bibimbap and tteokbokki," she enlightened her son about the last two dishes. "And your friend insisted on cooking ramyeon."

"Okay," Yeonjun grumbled, pushing the refrigerator door shut again. You could tell in his voice that he wasn't too thrilled. After all, Beomgyu had been with her enough times now. "Wednesday it is, then."

"Alright, take care of yourself. Love you," she sent after it and hung up without waiting for her son to respond.

Sighing, he set the phone down on the kitchen counter. Beomgyu hadn't even let him know he was visiting his mother again on Wednesday, and he leaned against the surface. His boyfriend wasn't home yet, so he couldn't call him on it until he got home. Therefore, he went back to the living room to finish his yogurt.