21 § 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒

Waiting, Beomgyu looked at his friend

"If that's okay...," Yeonjun chewed his lips, not wanting to pressure the younger man. "If you don't want to, that's okay."

The younger looked at his face for a very long time, his expression still serious from his previous words. And Beomgyu believed him to some extent. He wanted to believe him even if he called himself disfigured. So Beomgyu took a breath and slid back, disengaging himself from the embrace so he could hold the sleeve to slip out arms first. Finally, he pulled the sweater off his head and turned to the side so Yeonjun could get a good look at his right arm, which was quite scarred from the burn. Like thick veins, the skin contracted in some places. Where the skin had once been smooth and even, it was now shriveled in some places, like being in water too long. It also stood out in color, much lighter than Beomgyu's actual skin tone.

And it was large. Stretched from the shoulder down to the elbow.

But probably the first eye-catcher was the tattoo.

Large sunflowers adorned the background, stretching partly over the shoulder blade and collarbone. In the center was a snake wrapped around a dagger that took up the entire length of the upper arm.

And Yeonjun almost lost his breath. The sight of the tattoo, which resembled his own, was indescribable. Seeing it on the scarred skin of the boy he loved made his heart beat faster. Even though the skin sent a cold shiver down his spine. Carefully, he reached out with his fingers, tracing the lines of the dagger, and swallowed hard. It was painful to see and at the same time there was the tattoo, which was beautiful.

"Why the dagger?" he asked quietly, almost croaking a bit, and skated off the sunflowers that definitely stood for him. He was the sunflower. The image made his heart quiver, as did his lips. It was big and incredibly impressive. As if they complemented each other, as if Beomgyu belonged to him.

The younger pulled his shoulder slightly and tilted his head, for the feathery touch of Yeonjun's finger on his skin made him embarrassed. "Because ... that one suits me best. I've had a lot of time to think, and I've remembered again the mistakes I made. Confronting Kitae ... - he would never have found out that Taehyun and you were together otherwise, then that decision would never have been made then. I lied to Taehyun because I was too cowardly to confess my feelings to my best friend ..." Glancing at his tattoo, Beomgyu placed his hand over it. "I cut through everything I cared about."