36 § 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑜 𝑀𝑒

Blinking, Beomgyu stared at the pages, flipping back and forth

Blinking, Beomgyu stared at the pages, flipping back and forth. "Huh!?" he uttered, making a rather displeased sound. Again, he glanced at the very last page, which was completely blank and housed only the name of the company that had printed the manga.

"There's something missing!" complained Beomgyu with glazed eyes, looking at Yeonjun.

He flipped the manga closed and pointed his index finger punitively. "There's no end to this, there's something missing! Manga Yeonjun can't ask a question like that and then not get an answer from Manga Beomgyu!" the 27-year-old complained whiningly, sniffling in protest.

With his heart vibrating throughout his body, Yeonjun bit his lower lip. This was not how he had imagined it, though, no matter how many times he had gone over this plan, in his mind Beomgyu had never reacted like this.

"B-because the answer is up to you," he murmured softly, reaching to his pants pocket with slightly trembling fingers to pull out the small casket.

Surprised, the younger man's eyes widened and stared at the casket.

"On me!?" he squealed, raising his hand hesitantly, but then he quickly placed his hand on the square box and drew his eyebrows together. Precisely because he remembered that moment and had also seen it in the manga, he vividly knew how Yeonjun had reacted back then after he decorated her bedroom. "If there's a corsage in there now, I'll kill you!"

A hoarse yet touched laugh came from the 29-year-old before he shook his head. "There's none in there," he confirmed again, breathing heavily and holding the small, pretty box tightly in his hands as he said, "You know how hard I am with words."

Therefore, he got up from the sofa, not taking his eyes off the younger man, and knelt down in front of him. Even the second time in his life.

Beomgyu nodded, because he knew his friend long enough for that, so he opened the casket himself and actually saw a ring of shining silver with bright decorations reminiscent of leaves or vines. Beomgyu pressed his lips together and the previous tense expression on his face softened and became tearful. And when his gaze found its way back to Yeonjun's face, the first two tears dripped onto his cheeks.