30 § 𝑆𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑠

The wedding celebration had stuck in Beomgyu's mind, especially after In's friends and colleagues had organized a small fireworks display for him

The wedding celebration had stuck in Beomgyu's mind, especially after In's friends and colleagues had organized a small fireworks display for him. Still, the younger man hadn't necessarily brought it up because there were much more important things to do.

"I called Soobin," Beomgyu announced as he sat at the dinner table eating lunch with Yeonjun and Kai.

So the long-haired man banged the door that Yeonjun choked right on his food. He coughed wildly and Kai patted him hard on the back several times. Just the name of his then-bedmate made him think of how much he had rejected him the past few years. He had been the only one with whom he had exchanged private things back then and actually he was one of his closest friends.

Choi Soobin was an important part of his life and he had put off talking to him forever.

"Wow, this," Yeonjun coughed again, "is sudden now."

"Because you're usually forever avoiding it," Beomgyu scolded, stuffing a full spoonful of rice into his mouth. "And aside from me and Kai, Soobin is your best friend. I know you miss him!"

Kai could only nod in agreement as he continued to rub his hand over his hyung's back.

The latter knew that Beomgyu was right, and in fact he had been thinking about calling Soobin especially since he was back with him.

But the overcoming was hard, so Yeonjun sighed.

"Yes, you're quite right," he admitted, poking at his rice, "what did you tell him?"

Beomgyu grinned broadly, but took his time with an answer, in which the smile slowly faded as well. "Not much really," he confessed to his friend, "he kind of snapped at me."

Which wasn't necessarily surprising for someone like Choi Soobin, though. And he was also aware that he had more than earned the telling off from the tall Korean. Therefore, Beomgyu just sighed and waved his spoon in the air.

"How could you do that? What were you thinking? That was pretty irresponsible, Beomgyu," he repeated Yeonjun's blue-haired buddy's rant.

Even though it was bitter, a small smirk crept onto the elder's full lips. Soobin had always been protective, and he wasn't surprised that he had stomped on Beomgyu for making his buddy feel so bad about it. "That's just like him," Yeonjun said quietly because of that, grabbing a dumpling from the plate that was in the middle of the table. "So he almost exploded, the blue giant."