29 § 𝐿𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠

"Are you okay?" asked Beomgyu after they had gotten their drinks and put a little more distance between Yeonjun's mother and themselves

"Are you okay?" asked Beomgyu after they had gotten their drinks and put a little more distance between Yeonjun's mother and themselves. The fact that the black-haired florist had been quite out of sorts had been impossible to miss, and only clearly showed Beomgyu how much feeling still existed between them.

Gently, he therefore put his hand on his friend's upper arm and tenderly stroked the fabric of the white shirt.

The latter nodded, but was still angry.

Especially because his mother had depressed the mood of the two. Seeing her had certainly been terrible for the long-haired man, and he let his hand wander to the younger man's elbow, stroking the arm where he knew the large scar was underneath. "And to you? Did she say anything to hurt you?"

"Only that I shouldn't take myself so seriously," Beomgyu grumbled softly.

Yet he had never thought of himself as important.

That was why Yeonjun snorted slightly, leaned forward and kissed the 27-year-old's forehead. "If she knew you were the most important thing in the world to me," he whispered, letting his hand slide from his elbow down his upper arm until it came to rest at the nape of his neck.

Beomgyu's faithful brown eyes drifted upward to his friend's handsome face. He knew it, but even after all this time, still couldn't quite believe it.

Couldn't comprehend it.

A small smile crept onto his lips and Beomgyu reached out to clasp Yeonjun's face. "And you know daisies always follow the sun," he said affectionately, pulling the black-haired man to him to kiss him.

And as much as they fell for each other again, the music of the band moved completely into the background for them both. Even the talking of the guests was no longer audible for the couple and they seemed to feel comfortable in their little world. And just as they broke away from each other, San and Wooyoung approached.

The latter gave a heavy sigh as if the end of the world was imminent.

"No way," he wailed, being patted comfortingly by his buddy. "Realizing at a wedding reception that you're going to be alone forever is pretty depressing."