33 § 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼 𝑁𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑌𝑜𝑢

"You must want a lot of flowers," Taehyun said as he placed a writing pad and pen in front of Soobin

"You must want a lot of flowers," Taehyun said as he placed a writing pad and pen in front of Soobin. He had asked him to join him so they could at least discuss the rough stuff already.

"Do you want your coffee with milk?" he asked him as he stood in front of his coffee maker.

Soobin nodded. "Yes, please."

It felt unfamiliar within the gray-haired man's own walls, because aside from the bedtime stories with Yeonjun, they hadn't had that much to do together. Especially since Soobin still had a quiet and guilty conscience about what had gone on between them.

"Definitely sunflowers and daisies," the blue-haired man added to the first comment after looking around the kitchen a bit.

Daisies.

Oh yeah, that made Taehyun think back.

Because back then, he had asked Yeonjun what flower Beomgyu would be for him, and when he had looked up what meaning that simple plant had, he had immediately known what his ex-boyfriend was feeling.

"Yes, especially that one," he murmured thoughtfully, placing the cup under the small spigot of his coffee maker. "Sugar, too?"

Because sometimes the way someone drank their coffee revealed a lot.

Soobin nodded slightly again, but let his gaze wander around the apartment again, as if being alone with Taehyun made him a little uncomfortable. "Maybe we should wear corsages too..." the blue-haired man muttered quietly to himself as his dark eyes lingered on a photo. "Yeonjun told me you have a boyfriend now," he deflected from the subject in surprise.

Taehyun nodded and set Soobin's cup down in front of him with the small bowl of sugar. "Yes, we met while working at Myosotis," he related, after all they were in Baekhyun's and his apartment. "And you? Are you still with Jaemin?"

"Eh," Soobin put in, looking at the picture again. "No. Not for a few months now."

"Oh," Taehyun's big eyes widened in surprise, then he sat down next to his visitor. The corners of his mouth pulled down sympathetically. "That ... I'm sorry. A breakup is always hard."