35 § 𝐺𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒

After the two had eaten a hearty breakfast, they had decided to continue their Naruto marathon, except that this had only been a plea to keep Beomgyu in the dark

After the two had eaten a hearty breakfast, they had decided to continue their Naruto marathon, except that this had only been a plea to keep Beomgyu in the dark. Because the later it got, the less time Yeonjun had to propose.

And he had been waiting for it all this time.

Therefore, with the heavy heart of an elephant, he now felt ready for it, but had been standing next to the sofa unseen by Beomgyu for more than five minutes. For the latter was following the episode intently and snuggled into the gray hoodie, and had been completely captivated by the action.

Once again, Yeonjun looked at the pretty box in his hands, which probably contained the biggest decision of his life.

So he took a deep breath and cleared his throat, sitting down next to his friend and keeping the box on his lap. As if he were about to undergo surgery, he stared at the TV for a moment, then grabbed the remote shortly after and minimized the volume.

Surprised, Beomgyu looked up into his friend's face. It had to be important already if he turned the volume down on Naruto, so he preferred to grab the remote and press pause in general. "What's wrong?" he asked the older man, glancing at the box. "Is this a belated birthday present?" added Beomgyu, laughing sheepishly, because Yeonjun actually knew how little he liked his birthday.

But Yeonjun immediately shook his head, then put the box down on Beomgyu's lap.

"No birthday present," he said, because it was way too late for that anyway. He swallowed hard and wiped his hands on his red pants. "O-open it."

Hesitantly, Beomgyu looked at the box and finally opened it. He was excited because usually his friend didn't make this kind of gifts. He brought home flowers or they just did their anime nights.

But gifts?

Blinking curiously, the voice actor lifted the lid and discovered a paperback book. But not just any paperback, it was actually a manga. Surprised and excited at the same time, Beomgyu gave a squeak and reached for it, looking at the cover. "Oh, wait..." the younger Choi realized, looking at Yeonjun with wide eyes, "is that us!"