28 § 𝑃𝑖𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑠

After Choi In and his wife Amber Lu had said their yes at the registry office, Yeonjun felt strange being the best man

After Choi In and his wife Amber Lu had said their yes at the registry office, Yeonjun felt strange being the best man. Not because they were now married, but because the things that had been said reminded him quite a bit of his relationship with Beomgyu. Loving someone forever wasn't easy, but Yeonjun couldn't remember a moment when he hadn't loved the black-haired man in recent years.

Thus, eternity did not sound so difficult, but even tempting.

Honoring someone as he was was also easy for him by now and already when he had signed his name and In had thanked him for everything afterwards, he had that pressure on his chest.

The celebration after the official wedding took place outdoors and the bride and groom had really made an effort in organizing it. A band was there, waiters eagerly served the guests, who really enjoyed themselves. All well dressed in suits and dresses.

So were Yeonjun and his steady friend.

And you could tell at first glance that they belonged to each other. The white shirt with red accents, Yeonjun at the neck and Beomgyu in the middle of the chest made the resemblance clear.

Under a weeping willow was an oblong table where the bride and groom were seated, along with their family. Yeonjun would actually have his place there as well, but this one stayed with Beomgyu and his friends. And the dubbing artist was grateful for that, because he had already spotted Yeonjun's mother from afar and therefore stayed close to San and Wooyoung when Yeonjun was busy because of his brother or his new sister-in-law, so that the woman wouldn't get the idea to approach him. However, since Yeonjun was standing right next to him, Beomgyu held the latter's hand and let his gaze wander.

"Amber looks really stunning today," the younger Choi remarked, adding, "In, too, of course."

"I agree," Yeonjun smiled, stroking the back of his hand. For the past hour, ever since his mother had arrived here late, he had felt the need to give her a piece of his mind. She had hurt his friend, caused them to break up, and he would never forgive her for that.