32 § 𝑊𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟

Yeonjun was tense and incredibly nervous

Not only because he was in the middle of planning his proposal, but also because he was sitting in front of his ex-boyfriend in a café. Just the two of them, with no Soobin or Beomgyu to distract themselves with, just to avoid a conversation. And he hadn't been alone with Kang Taehyun in years.

The last time he had broken up with the younger and then psychology student.

And that wasn't really something you wanted to think about.

Because he had something completely different on his mind.

After all, he was his future boyfriend's best friend and he was a big part of his future boyfriend's life. Still, it had been a stretch to call Taehyun first and ask him for this meeting.

"I wouldn't have asked you here for no reason if it wasn't important," Yeonjun murmured, stirring his coffee.

Taehyun, who looked older and more mature again with his light gray hair, shrugged and sipped his coffee. "I know," he said, setting the cup back down and letting his gaze wander from his large, dark eyes back to Yeonjun's face.

Strange it all was, talking to his ex-boyfriend alone, and Taehyun would definitely have preferred not to. But probably the black-haired florist felt the same way.

"What's up?" the Myosotis musician therefore asked.

"I ...", he took a deep breath, because the eyes of his counterpart pierced him questioningly. "I'm planning ..." he scratched the back of his head, "to ask Beomgyu to marry me."

This came as a surprise even to someone like Taehyun, and he widened his eyes a bit.

However, the Kang also knew that his best friend would not want anything more in his life than to stay by Yeonjun's side forever. Just the two-year separation had confirmed it several times. Even if he still found it unreasonable that the two had gotten back together so quickly. It seemed even more unreasonable that the black-haired man before him wanted to marry Beomgyu now.

"Are you sure about this?", Taehyun therefore quietly inquired.

And that reminded him a bit of Soobin's reaction, because while he had been happy for him, he hadn't been really excited either. More like shocked.