PROLOGUE

Here we go...

CORA ELLIS

LONDON 3.43 AM

The pulsivating sound of a loud heavy door slam sends me flying up in my bed with a gasp of shock. The small apartment bedroom is horribly dark, only the small light reflected from a fractured lamp on the streets of London and the bright white moonlight shining in to reflect some sort of light.

My eyes immediately widen as i go to wake up Theo next to me,my hands ready to shake his sleeping body with fear. But my movements are contracted back to my chest ever so fast when i see the sight of an empty bed next to me. Nothing but a creased bed cover and some wrinked bed sheets, all on my side.

He is gone.

I look confused all around the room trying to pry to see his silhouette somewhere in the shadows in the corner, i look under the door to the onsuite bathroom to see the light is off, signaling to me he is not in there either. The bedroom door is wide open. More confusion flows through me as my face singes up and my hands start to fumble with not knowing who might have just broke in.

Where could he possibly be so early in the morning?

Before i could even call out his name or search for him any more, the loud sounds of a baby cry echoes throughout the baby monitor on the wooden bed side table.

The piercing sound is enough to cover the loud silence of the containted room.

I quickly grab the monitor in my hands, quick with my movements from stress and fear, to see Orla wriggling her small body back and forth as she cries bloody murder. I let out a breath as i huff to myself with some sort of relief before i get up, sliding my fluffy slippers on that lay next to the bed and exiting the bedroom.

This wasn't a daily occurrence.

The closer i got to distance to Orlas nursery down the hall, the louder the cries get. I hated the sounds of her cries and it made me frown at the sound . When i arrive i make sure to open the door slightly, giving some light so she doesnt think im a random stranger.

"Orla baby" I make sure to whisper but loud enough so that she isnt startled to someone entering the room. Her crying stops at the sound of my soothing voice as i flick the nursery lampshade on.

A golden glow ulliminates the nursery.

The lights of stars and lanterns fill the room due to her tangled theme as her face glows in the light. The shapes of princess and just some random shapes reflect onto the ceiling. She still continues to squirm around in her cot, wanting my attentiom, holding onto her tiny toes as she witnesses my presence.

"Whats wrong angel?" My voice is soft and still a bit quiet from it being so early in the morning. She wasnt usually this bad. As i pick her up gently from her cot, bringing her to my chest , she cuddles into my neck, desperate to be touched against me. I rub my hand slowly on her small back as her cries start to quieten in my warm hold.

"Your okay angel, ive got you" I whisper gently as i kiss the side of her small head, holding it in my hand.

I make sure to check that she doesnt need her diaper changed before i start to slowly bounce her around the room, trying to send her back to sleep.