FOURTY-TWO

THE TRIAL
THE EVIDENCE

UNKNOWN PERSPECTIVE

I sit in the back corner of the wooden box like room.

Everyone is silent,

No one has realised im here yet. I dont exoect them too either.

Its been a while.

I watch as the judge prepares themself for yet another trial session on this case. This one was the big one, the evidence.

I cant help the adrenaline and excitement that shoots through my body. Today was an important day and i am here for a reason.

I put my black shades on my face, concealing my identity a little as i try to slouch on my chair. I dont want to be seen yet, i want to be seen when the time is right.

I watch Cora as she tries to sit still on her chair but i can see and feel how anxious she is from here. She picks her nails and chews her lip as her leg bounces.

She holds her stomach like its paining her which has me frowning a little bit but i try not too look to much so i dont get noticed.

I flicker my eyes to Theo sat on the other side of the room. He has a smug smile on his face like he was going to win this thing, his arms crossed on his chest as he sits strong and tall.

They were completley juxtaposed people.

"All rise!"

CORA ELLIS

"All rise!"

I feel a shudder of coldness come over me as the judge speaks.

I clutch my stomach as i stand slowly.

I had been in a lot of pain over the past few days. Harry thinks its my recovering from the sickness i had and i think it might be my period too. It was more than a few dots now, but i was trying not to worry until there was something to worry about.

I had bigger problems anyway, my only determination is to get my daughter back.

That is my main focus.

"The court is now in session"

I sit back down into my chair and i try to keep my mind positive but another cramp pushes across my stomach making a groan erupt and my eyes shut.

Luckily it was quiet so no one heard but Jodie seemed too.

Her face scrunches up as she turns to me.

"Are you okay?" She whispers and i nod my head, taking a breath for a second.

"Im fine" I say and open my eyes again to look at the judge. I dont look at Jodie i just focus on the judge.

"This court session will be based on the evidence that the following arguments will be bringing towards their case. We will start with Mr Jones" The judge says, offering her hand towards Theo's side of the room as he sits up, looking at me evily like he had won.

His lawyer stands up, folding his jacket together.

"Your Honour, i call Ethan Mayward to the stand" His lawyer says and my face scrunches up in confusion.

I hadnt heard of that name in years.

I turn my head as soon as i hear the footsteps from the seats, i make eye contact with Ethan and he smirks just as evily at me as Theo does before he walks past.